Old Fart Kicks Butt!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Old Fart Kicks Butt!

Post by Rover »

Nine new U.S. national records were set last weekend in a single match by former National Champ Steve Reiter at the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club Registered Short Course Conventional 2700.

A Short Course is the same as a 2700, but the slow fire portions are shot at 25 yards instead of 50 on a reduced target.

Steve is turning 70 this calendar year making him eligible to compete as a "Grand Senior", the category in which the records were broken.

The records were broken in the following:
.22...Slow, NMC, Rapid, and Aggregate
Ctr...Slow, NMC, and Aggregate.
.45...Aggregate
Plus Grand Aggregate with a 2622-113X.

The records have yet to be approved by the NRA, but Steve broke the old records so badly I doubt there will be any quibbling.

I happened to be shooting next to him and was amazed by his relaxed manner, even when one of his young female groupies was cuddling him between matches. He seemed not to have a care in the world.

Way to go, Steve!
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I'm so jealous, I want a young female groupy!!

Congratulations, Steve!
Telecomtodd

Post by Telecomtodd »

Usually when there are young females at my matches, they are scoring better than I am! Congrats, Steve.

Had a berm-hugging-wind-resistant-almost-17 young woman score -3 for a monthly metallic sight conventional prone 1600 the weekend before last. She's getting ready for her third or fourth trip to Colorado Springs; we're hoping she comes back with a second medal after coming in third at 3P Perry last year.

Post by Guest »

Telecomtodd wrote:Usually when there are young females at my matches, they are scoring better than I am! Congrats, Steve.

Had a berm-hugging-wind-resistant-almost-17 young woman score -3 for a monthly metallic sight conventional prone 1600 the weekend before last. She's getting ready for her third or fourth trip to Colorado Springs; we're hoping she comes back with a second medal after coming in third at 3P Perry last year.

Todd, I'm pretty sure you were out-shot by TWO young females at the last match :-D

And the above mentioned was -13, but still way ahead of either of us!

I'm of the mindset that at a shooting match, there should be more shooting and less cuddling by young females. And, way to go Old Fart Steve!

-Abi