care and feeding of the FWB 601

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dsergison

care and feeding of the FWB 601

Post by dsergison »

I just got a FWB601. Everything currently works fine.
What are the regular maintenance items I should look out for?

It appears to have been maintained a lot, as the trigger block has been engraved with a dozen or so service dates. This makes me think there are probably things that I should do regularly to care for it.

also, is white lithium grease a suitable grease?

Thank you
Dan Sergison

also the stock was pretty dirty and nicked up. a couple hours of sanding and new spray polyurethane and it looks almost brand new. I would encourage anyone to do the same, it was quite easy and the result was fabulous.
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Its important to use the FWB grease because its synthetic, acid free and the right viscocity for the different areas on the gun that need lubrication.

The piston should be lubed occasionally, open lever fully and you will see the blue piston washer, place a small amount in and around the piston then work the lever a few times to spread the lube. Lube the cocking lever hinges and other mechanisms/safety ratchet around the lever.

The firing pin and sears [Check owners hand book] should be lubed very sparingly. Keep the sliding breech clean and wipe all metal work down with silicone gun cloth. Wipe around the breech area as your fingers impart sweat and acids to the loading port every time you load a pellet.

I'm sure you will get loads more advice, but I hope this is a start.

JSB