sight rizers, differences?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

yana

sight rizers, differences?

Post by yana »

What are the differences in size (rail width) between the sight raisers for anschutz, walther and FWB?
Looking for 1 with rail width as close to 8mm as possible.
tsokasn

Post by tsokasn »

Each one is different.
You must buy them according to the rifle's brand that you are going to use.
Still,I remember having see somewhere a set that fits all brands but can't remember where and I also don't know if they are really good.
I'll make a sezrch and if I find them,I'll post them.
Simkovitch

Post by Simkovitch »

I'll try to have a look when I'm on the range tomorrow.

For now I can tell you that the rear sight rail is about the same for Walther and Anschutz, and that Anschutz uses the same rail width for the front and the rear (excluding old models like the match 54).
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Anschütz is a little bit tricky. There was a change from 18XX to 19XX in rail for the front sight, not from Match 54 to 18XX. Raisers for the rear sight are always compatible for all the big brands, but the rails for the front sights are often different.

Best wishes from Germany

Frank
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Little tipp for anschutz 14xx - 18xx front rail.. Use front sight with Steyr rail, it grips little bit better and more stable than front sight with "new" anschutz rail.. Alltought some front sight brands are compatitle with old one.
skylark

Post by skylark »

I just found out the hard way that FWB rearsight rails are a fair bit wider than Walther and Anschutz, enough that many rearsights won't fit. Nor will the Anschutz sightraisers we tried.

And the newer Anschutzes have a different shape foresight rail, even though it's about the same width as the old one.

I really recommend buying a set which is specifically advertised to fit your rifle (or discuss with the retailer whether you can swap them if they don't fit).
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Well I can assure you that you can (and advised to) use Centra Score front tunnel with Steyr rail at 14xx and 18xx anschutzs.. It's better than Centra's anschutz rail (read: new rail), because those (steyr and old anschutz) are same dimensions, but only for front sight rail..