another prone question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

flea

another prone question

Post by flea »

I have a quick prone quesiton. I am a lefty and shoot on scatt every so often. I have a pulse on it that goes from 11 oclock to 5 oclock or 10 to 4ish. Some days it doesnt leave the ten ring but some days it does. I am wondering if this is normal and if not how do i fix it?
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

Diet and blood pressure are possibilities. Too much sugar or soda can do it. If you're too stressed or any other reason your blood pressure is too high, that would cause the magnitude changes as well. Develop a progressive relaxation routine for right after you get in position.

As for the direction being different day to day, that's in your position. probably elbow placement, either right or left. Might also be in your support hand being in a slightly different position.
justadude

Post by justadude »

It also helps to make sure the sling takes most of the tension on the outside of the arm. The inside of the upper arm contains the brachial artery if the sling is rotated on the arm to compress that when it takes up tension you are guaranteed pulse bounce.

'Dude
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Many years ago, we were having a club session on the SCATT.
Our top woman shooter (a very good international) arrived late - very harassed having had a stressful day at work - straight onto the SCATT and not surprisingly her trace was bouncing all over the place due to her pulse.

My misses took her to one side and performed a Reiki Massage (I know, I know) on her for 15 minutes. So she was compelled to sit still, quiet and relaxed for that time and when she went back on the SCATT her traces were significantly better with very little evidence of pulse.

Since then I try to ensure that I have time to sit quietly and bring down my blood pressure with some controlled breathing exercises before I shoot.

As the 'Dude says, if you can relieve pressure on the Brachial Artery then you can eliminate a lot of pulsing.