Volquartsen vs Benelli

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Blkhawk73

Volquartsen vs Benelli

Post by Blkhawk73 »

Kinda looking ahead a bit and as the "gotta have" list is all but complete, one that still is missing is a GOOD .22lr target pistol. Not looking for world cup level stuff but rather the local range informal competitive stuff if that. With budget in mind I see the Benelli and a Volquartsen MKIII. What advanatages does one have over the other as far as usability, reliability and overall performance goes? Larry's Guns is all of 10 miles away so getting the Benelli isn't a big deal and with my brother as my FFL, the Volquartsen isn't an issue either. I'd probably opt for the standard Volquartsen Delux model with an 8' or longer bbl - probably blued as well. Much of Vol stuff I see as paying for the name but I do know their bbls are top notch stuff.
Comparing the Vol to a Clark...apples:apples there so which then?
tenex

Post by tenex »

If your not looking for the ultimate competition pistol, then I would suggest a model 41 instead. It's a classic, still in production, and the easiest gun on the planet to clean. You can also get extra barrels (that take 5 seconds to install), anatomical grips, and lots of other stuff.

As to your original choices, I think the Benelli would be the better target pistol. It has grip options and weight and balance more conducive to bullseye target shooting. I'd spring for the MP90S, as it has a better trigger and anatomical grips over the MP95, but it depends on your budget.

Steve.

P.S. If you're shooting bullseye, then pretty much any stock .22 will be accurate enough without replacing the barrel. If you're shooting from a sand bag, things may change a bit. The best groups I've shot from a sand bag have been from a Ruger government competition model, 1.25" average 10 shot group from 50 yards.
Blkhawk73

Post by Blkhawk73 »

Ya know, I'd not even thought about or considered the Model 41. Just never been a big S&W fan I guess. Not good considering they're built up here. I'll look into those. Thank you.