10m Air Pistol Rapid Fire Target ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
bebloomster

10m Air Pistol Rapid Fire Target ?

Post by bebloomster »

Any idea what the appropriate target is for 10 meter Rapid Fire Air Pistol? Where can I get some?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

There is of course no official ISSF target for this non-ISSF event.

In the UK we use target 3259 from Krueger (go to the Rapid Fire Air Pistol 10m section).
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Do you mean the paper target 10 m Five Shot Air Pistol (8.20.1) or the falling plate 10 m Air Pistol Five Target Event (8.20.3)?
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

The paper target 10 m Five Shot Air Pistol (8.20.1).
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

bebloomster wrote:The paper target 10 m Five Shot Air Pistol (8.20.1).
8.20.1 covers both air pistol standard and falling target - for standard, it's the normal 10M pistol target.

Rob.
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Haven't printed out and read the appropriate section yet, however using the same target for both slow fire and timed fire seems a bit optimistic to me. Of course I'm used to the normal NRA bullseye events, not ISSF.
Stephen51861

Post by Stephen51861 »

http://targets.krueger-shops.eu/sch_en_ ... istol+10+m

This is the only site I can find that sells the needed targets.

Stephen
caa028

Post by caa028 »

Is this the target (available from the US Kruger website): http://www.kruger-us-targets.com/index. ... 261-n.html?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

The OP started by asking about 10m Rapid Fire Air Pistol, which is not an ISSF event.

He then clarified it by saying he was interested in "The paper target 10 m Five Shot Air Pistol (8.20.1)".

The complete 8.20 section of the rule book became obsolete at the end of 2012 but resurfaced in September 2013 as the Five-Shot Air Pistol Rules in the "ISSF SPORT FOR ALL PROGRAM".

The events on paper targets are the 10m Standard Air Pistol events; 40 shots for men and 30 shots for women (and their respective juniors), as rules 1.1.1, 1.1.2 & 1.6. The target is the normal 10m Air Pistol target as 6.3.4.6 of the main ISSF rules.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

bebloomster wrote:....however using the same target for both slow fire and timed fire seems a bit optimistic to me.
It would only be optimistic if you were expecting the same scores, and there's no reason why you should be.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:
bebloomster wrote:....however using the same target for both slow fire and timed fire seems a bit optimistic to me.
It would only be optimistic if you were expecting the same scores, and there's no reason why you should be.
Just like Standard Pistol - there's no reason you shouldn't expect the same scores either ;)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

john bickar wrote:
David Levene wrote:
Just like Standard Pistol - there's no reason you shouldn't expect the same scores either ;)
I wholeheartedly agree as far as 25m Standard Pistol is concerned John.

The 10m Standard Air Pistol event is however all shot in 10 second strings. The only slow fire events on the same target are the AP60 and AP40 events.

I don't know about other parts of the world but here in the UK the 10m Standard Air Pistol record averages at 9.325 per shot. That only equates to 560 for the AP60 match; hardly a record score.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

David Levene wrote:I don't know about other parts of the world but here in the UK the 10m Standard Air Pistol record averages at 9.325 per shot. That only equates to 560 for the AP60 match; hardly a record score.
That sounds...low. But we don't shoot it here, so I don't know what competition scores would be like. I have long been on record as being categorically opposed to the 10M rapid fire air pistol events, for I fear that the same fate that befell running target awaits sport and rapid fire pistol. Those of you in the UK have my condolences, on multiple fronts.

I recently picked up an LP50 and have been using it to train for standard pistol. I've been trying to push myself to clean the 10M AP target at 8 meters (which is what I have at home). Don't know precisely what that would equate to at 10M.

And now for something completely different: it's apparently 1 day past my 10-year anniversary on TargetTalk.