Min LOP for10M Air Rifles from Anschutz, Steyr, Walther, FWB

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Trojan1994

Min LOP for10M Air Rifles from Anschutz, Steyr, Walther, FWB

Post by Trojan1994 »

Does any one know what the minimum length of pull is that the current 10M rifles can be adjusted to? I'm a shooter that's on the vertically challenged side with short arms. My sporter rifles typically are set with a 12.5" LOP...

Am interested in a compressed air 10M rifle at end of season, currently shooting an FWB601 with cut down stock, 12.5" LOP and will likely re-shape/relieve the rubber butt pad a bit more...

Regards,

Tony
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

RobinC had shortened the stock [without cutting] on a Walther LG-300 XT junior laminate stock for his wife. He might see this post and respond with details for you.

Obs
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Tony
To avoid confusion I know some people measure LoP centre of butt to trigger, but for better acuracy of set up I do it centre of butt to front of pistol grip and then the trigger reach as a separate measurement, front of pistol grip to trigger face.
On my wifes Walther LG300 Junior which has an adjustable length as standard it was 1 cm too long for her on its shortest setting (26 cm or 10 3/16 ins.) I got it down to her prefered length by taking out the length kit and screwing the butt plate base direct to the stock. I think it was intended for this provision as the holes centres are pre drilled. This made the LoP, butt to pistol grip face at 25cm or 9 13/16 ins in old money. Her trigger reach is 32mm for a total butt to trigger face of 28.2 cm or 11 1/16 ins. Even as standard with the length kit fitted this would be 11 1/2 ins which is well inside your preference.
The LG 300 Junior is an excellent rifle used by many good level senior ladies as it is small, for seniors it needs weighting up, we have got hers up to 4.3 kg (9.5 lbs) but it can be taken over 10 lbs if neccessary.
That said even if your 12.5 ins is total, I think you would get most of the modern match rifles down to that easily.

Good Shooting
Robin
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I shoot a FWB-P70-jr with the butt adjustments set to min and I think I get 11-3/4" LoP (butt to trigger face)