Info on Bleiker's new aluminum stock?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jason

Info on Bleiker's new aluminum stock?

Post by Jason »

I noticed on their website that Bleiker is going to be offering an aluminum stock for their smallbore rifles:

It looks very similar to their wood stock. Has anyone heard anything about availability and price?

Jason
Colin

colin

Post by Colin »

ha ha like that, Aluminum stock made from special material, so that will be Aluminum then.
Unless it's a mix ?
cmj

Post by cmj »

The aluminum stock was to be available starting in December at a cost of 2,500 Swiss Franc
sting

as it says

Post by sting »

tension free alu block.
ken
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

It looks very similar to their existing composite wood-alu design, but the fore-end is a little more shallow.

I think the Norwegian shooter Vebjeorn Berg was been using the composite stock with the same profile last year.

Tim S
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

And with a 105.7 in the prone final at Munich last year he's putting it to good use as well
Tim S

Re: Colin

Post by Tim S »

Colin wrote:And with a 105.7 in the prone final at Munich last year he's putting it to good use as well
And shot with blue-box Eley Team to boot!
Jason

Post by Jason »

Colin wrote:And with a 105.7 in the prone final at Munich last year he's putting it to good use as well
So this is it in the flesh, eh? I thought it looked a little different.

I'm a little surprised that despite all the adjustability (sp?) of the new stocks so many shooters still shoot with such a pronounced cant.

Jason
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Jason,

I think the stock Vebjeorn is using is the existing wood/alu composite type (look at the silver stripe along the stock). The fore-end is just a little more shallow than standard.

As for the canting, if it works for him, why not? He looks to have quite a broad face, and may not be able to see through the sights otherwise. I have the same problem, and have to use off-set blocks to avoid canting (I'm not nearly so successful though).

Tim S
Colin

colin

Post by Colin »

Eley Team/Match/Tenex comes off the same machines, he's just found a good batch of Eley Team that suits his barrel
willymakit

team shooters

Post by willymakit »

If you were him, on a sponsored team, the ammo in the box would be way differant than what I could get regardless of the box color/indication.
Also, did anyone notice he is a lefty? Bleiker is one of the few offering the top of the line in true lefty. Only about $6700 at current exchange rate! (with no sights) willy
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

Don't Anschutz offer a 'true lefty rifle' as well ?
Globesmasher17

Post by Globesmasher17 »

Yup - according to their catalog they do.
supermatch

Re: team shooters

Post by supermatch »

willymakit wrote:Bleiker is one of the few offering the top of the line in true lefty. willy
Huh? Apart from Anschutz, Feinwerkbau and Walther?
willymakit

"Top of the Line"

Post by willymakit »

In Competition at world level, do you see 1913L,(Anschutz no longer produces 2013L) not being familiar with FWB, Walther, do you see their top of the line, in lefty, at world comps? Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not world level shooter!, but I would like the best equipment my $ can buy, AND that will work for me. (Lefty) Has anyone seen the new G&E "racer" in comps? Like the Bleiker, it is a front lug design, and open loading port on both sides. If Uptagraft would produce his new action in lefty I would be ordering it in a heartbeat! All this is only my .02 worth.
willy
Tim S

Re: "Top of the Line"

Post by Tim S »

willymakit wrote:In Competition at world level, do you see 1913L,(Anschutz no longer produces 2013L) not being familiar with FWB, Walther, do you see their top of the line, in lefty, at world comps?willy
Er, yes you do. Sonja Pfeilschifter, is currently the wolrd record holder in the 3x20, is a lefty. She shot with a FWB 2700 at the World Championships last year, where she won the Silver. At the World Cup Final in October she was using a Walther KK300. Both were fitted into a Keppeler alu stock.

Left-handers represent what 10% of the poulation? There don't seem to be that many lefties winning medals or getting into finals at present except Pfeilschifter and Berg, so it's not perhaps fair to say that Bleiker are the only choice.

Tim S
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

Tim, It looks like Sonja was using a Walther kk300 in a Walther stock in Munich, though it doesn't look like a Walther cast alloy stock.
Also she was using the new Walther XT400 Air rifle stock, but with a XT300 in it.
Colin
willymakit

lefty

Post by willymakit »

Thank you Tim for the info on FWB and Walther. I did say One of the FEW, I normally think of "few" to mean 3 or more. Sorry for making the impression that Bleiker was the only T.O.L. lefty available. It's tough being a lefty in a righty world.
willy
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Colin wrote:Tim, It looks like Sonja was using a Walther kk300 in a Walther stock in Munich, though it doesn't look like a Walther cast alloy stock.
Also she was using the new Walther XT400 Air rifle stock, but with a XT300 in it.
Colin
Colin,

I'm sure it's a Keppeler, not a Walther stock. If you compare the photos from the World Championships (FWB barrel) and World Cup Final (Walther barrel), Sonja is definitely using the same stock. The Keppeler stock does appear to have been heavily modified, with a FWB grip, a new trigger guard, and a lot of lead weights.

Tim
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

Tim, looking again I'm sure your correct, I was looking at the Walther name on the stock, but looking again I can see the difference.
Although it looks like she's changed the Air rifle set up to Walther.
Thanks Colin