Walther LG300 XT

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rcb

Walther LG300 XT

Post by rcb »

Champion's Choice does not have these rifles in the laminate/wood stock for a lefty and claims it would be 6 months to a year to order one. Any advice on other Walther dealers in the US. I have checked with ISS- he has left handed rifles but not in the Walthers. Where else should I look? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

you could spend the extra $260 and buy the aluminum stock one.
rcb

Post by rcb »

That is a very good suggestion- It is probably a better deal as well. I just have an old fashioned preference for wood... This might be a good time to take the leap into the new century if I can't find the laminate model.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

I know there are a lot of dealers in Europe, but not so many in the US. I only know of Pilk, Champion's choice, CHampion Shooters, and 10pt9
gas_gunner

Re: Walther LG300 XT

Post by gas_gunner »

rcb wrote:Champion's Choice does not have these rifles in the laminate/wood stock for a lefty and claims it would be 6 months to a year to order one. Any advice on other Walther dealers in the US. I have checked with ISS- he has left handed rifles but not in the Walthers. Where else should I look? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
What did he have in left hand rifles?

Danny
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Forget Champion's Choice with that asinine statement--they just plain don't want to bother with one item orders and the extra work needed. Try Neil Stepp http://www.iss-internationalshootersservice.com/, e-mail him and find out out from a real interested importer Not Homer and Jethro. "Doc"
topclass52

LG 300 Dominator, now LH

Post by topclass52 »

I'm a lefty and purchased a 300 Dominator with aluminum stock for field target. I rolled the cheekpiece over all the way which worked okay, and turned the grip so it was as comfortable as possible. It was functional and only mildy akward. But as lefties, we're used to living in a backwards world, right? THEN I asked a buddy who makes pistol grips and the like if he could reverse engineer a LH stock set for me which he did -- cheekpiece, grip, and fore-end out of a chunk of walnut I had. My point is whether you go with wood or aluminum, a competent stock guy should be able to make a lefty version.
rcb

Post by rcb »

Thanks for all the input! I did talk with Neil- He is going the the big show this month and will get the scoop for me about older lefty models. If nothing else shows up I can still get the lefty Alutec that Champion still has listed. Gas-gunner, Neil has a FWB 700 lefty in red and a FWB Universal as I recall...
rcb

Post by rcb »

Finally decided to order the AluTec. Can't wait to shoot it!! Maybe I can find an old used laminate/wood stock in the classifieds...
Colin

Colin

Post by Colin »

I think once you've shoot it you will soon forget about wanting the Laminate.
I have the pro touch, virtually the same rifle, and the fit balance was great.
rcb

Post by rcb »

My pocketbook hopes you are right...