MG2 Trigger Adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Haleva

MG2 Trigger Adjustment

Post by Haleva »

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anybody can assist me in describing the best practice of trigger adjustment for the MG2RF (By best practice I'm reffering to settings order of the different screws adjustments).

I have a lot of failures in renewing the trigger engagment in the fast series (it feels like I'm releasing the finger but applying a new pressure does not activate the trigger). Can that be due to poor trigger settings ?

Thanks
A74BEDLM

Post by A74BEDLM »

Are you using an Electronic Trigger or Mechanical?
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

Mechanical
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

While trying to troubleshoot my problem (and convice myself that I was not dreaming and it was not me failing to renew the trigger..) I succeeded in recreating the problem in a consistant manner.

Whenever I cock the pistol when the trigger is pressed all the way down, after I release the trigger and try to press it again the trigger is not activated. It seems like only the first stage spring is activated by the press untill the trigger reach the trigger stop. Only after a shake or two the gun something is released and the trigger returns to it normal act.

Any idea what's happening.

Thanks in advance
MG Owner

Post by MG Owner »

Functioning as intended. Do not pull the slide back to cock the pistol with the trigger pressed.
Haleva

Post by Haleva »

MG Owner wrote:Functioning as intended. Do not pull the slide back to cock the pistol with the trigger pressed.
This is not true.

I performed this to recreate the problem that I faced during live fire. When shooting, this is exactly what happen , the slide is going back & forth while the trigger is pressed. A good functioning pistol will disconnect the trigger & reconnect it back while the trigger start to move forward. This was not happening in my case.

With help from stephano from MG the problem is solved (at least during dry fire tests...). The disconnector screw (2030) needed a little unscrewing