Informal 10 meter air rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bob Stewart

Post by Bob Stewart »

I've been looking for a PCP rifle for some informal 10M shooting at my home and was considering the Air Arms S400 MPR. I like quality but am having a hard time letting go of $1600.00 for home use. Anyone know anything about these rifles?

Thanks,
Bob
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have the AA400 thumbhole sporter that uses the same action. It will put all the shots on the 10 ring, and it gets about a 100 shots per fill on low. The trigger is very good, but not as light as a true match rifle. I think the trigger on the MPR is a bit better than the standard AA400. I think Champions Choice had them on closeout. They are a very good rifle for the money. I don't think you will be disappointed.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Bob
Look at used rifles. That way you can get a true match rifle at less than list price. Used CA rifles will come up for sale on the 'buy, sell, trade' section.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

Since when does it cost $1600.
Bob Stewart

Post by Bob Stewart »

Thank you very much for your replys. Any help is appreciated.

I may have worded my question incorrectly.

The rifle I would like to purchase is an Anschutz 8001 Club. I believe the price is around $1600. Therefore, I was considering a less expensive alternative to my informal target shooting.

Thanks,
Bob
yana

Post by yana »

The AA/CZ200 is half the price of the MPR.Allthough its quite small and light, thus not very suited for serious stuff, sounds fine to me for informal shooting. Or the Gunpower Edge, although it doesnt have a very good name..
Does it háve to be pcp? Tau 200 or Alfa Proj rifle are very nice too(Tau can be easily converted to pcp).

Or, indeed, sechand.
larspawn

What about an Airforce Edge?

Post by larspawn »

Anybody have any experience with these? They seem to be the right platform from a company experienced in PCP. Don't know if it has a match trigger or not but seems like a lot of shots below 600 fps.
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

The AirForce does not compare to traditional match guns.
Regarding number of shots per charge, Walthers 300BAR guns advertise 350-400 shots per 200BAR charge. With a 300BAR charge they should shoot forever.
Stick with traditional guns from Anschutz, FWB, Steyr, Walther, etc.
Bob Stewart

Post by Bob Stewart »

Thanks everyone.

After months of looking into this I decided on the Feinwerkbau 700 Basic. The stock may not be all that great but what I really wanted was a good trigger and a good barrel. Should be here tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Bob
Old10MShooter

Informal 10M AR

Post by Old10MShooter »

Hi Bob,

Look into IZH MP532 made by Baikal - available at the airguns of Arizona. I have this rifle and plink informally at 10M - it has got a good trigger, ok sights but a non-adjustable cheekpiece (you may have to attach a wooden or styrofoam block using duct tape to the stock). You will enjoy shooting this rifle - it is a PCP but you need to cock it (side lever) each time. You will not be disappointed with this rifle. HAPPY SHOOTING!

Raj
Old10MShooter

Post by Old10MShooter »

Hi Bob,

I did not see your post till I posted a reply. FWB 700 Basic is a good rifle. Congratulations and happy shooting!

Raj
Bob Stewart

10 meter informal air rifle

Post by Bob Stewart »

Hi Raj,

I own a 46M and was considering their SSP rifle but wanted a PCP instead. So after much consideration I decided that the most bang for the buck would be the 700Basic. It still cost more than my H&K 91 which makes me wonder if I've really lost my mind! LOL!

Thanks Raj,
Bob

Post by Guest »

That will be so much fun to shoot. Before long you'll be thinking about trousers, then boots, then a SCATT....
Bob Stewart

Post by Bob Stewart »

Not that I haven't thought about the coat and everything, but I just want to keep it simple and fun. Something for a Sunday afternoon with friends and maybe a Guinness!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Considering your requirements, I would forget a PCP.

Pick up a used FWB 300 or Walther LGR and you would have a true match rifle, albeit a little old fashioned. It would certainly be more than competition for the rifles mentioned above and the price would be really right (including the savings on accessories).

More money to spend on beer (Google German shooting clubs).
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Bob
Get a back belt from Home Depot.
Although not match legal, it is a LOT cheaper, and it will do the job of protecting your back.