Ten Ring Service (still in business)?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

GOVTMODEL wrote:Definitely time to contact BATF to resolve.
Based on one side of the story, it is time for the BATF. They would get your firearm back very quickly. Why would you not use this plan at this point?
justadude

Post by justadude »

While Ten Ring unimpressed me some time back by not returning calls or emails fortunately they do not have any of my stuff.

You expressed reluctance to get the BATF involved. On some level I can understand as sometimes working with govt. agencies can be an excercise in frustration all by itself. (This is even when the folks on scene are trying to help you work within the system. but I digress.)

Now, if you don't want to go the the BATF just yet my question is do you have a lawyer that helps with stuff whenever you need lawyering? Sometimes a letter, sent certified return receipt, on legal letterhead explaining situation and desire to resolve in a peaceful manner and if this cannot be accomplished then legal solutions will be sought will often (not always) get people's attention. (and response)

Now, having said that, if such a letter does not get a response I would recommend the BATF approach. Yeah, you could have a lawyer bring full guns to bear on Ten Ring and I am sure you would eventually get your rifle back but the cost of the legal services could get to the cost of a new rifle. The BATF, you already paid for that when you filed your taxes.

Ugly situation. Hope you get it resolved soon.

'Dude
solid7

Post by solid7 »

TerryKuz wrote:They would get your firearm back very quickly. Why would you not use this plan at this point?
Because I know the owners of Ten Ring (in Jacksonville) personally, and I would have to consider them almost as friends. It's not a bridge that I want to burn, for my own personal reasons.

I am just a dissatisfied customer, at this point. But I'm also recommending that nobody else go through this. It took me this long, and a whole lot of reservation, just to make the whole situation public. But it is for the best, until they get themselves squared away.

Believe me when I say that it pains me to have to even write this.
FredMannis

Post by FredMannis »

FWIW, I think you are carrying courtesy and a former relationship way too far. You have no evidence that they still have your rifle. If it were me, I would contact BATF and the police in Jacksonville
sparky

Post by sparky »

FredMannis wrote:FWIW, I think you are carrying courtesy and a former relationship way too far. You have no evidence that they still have your rifle. If it were me, I would contact BATF and the police in Jacksonville
I agree, if for no other reason that if the rifle has been stolen/resold and the new owner does something illegal with it, it might come back to haunt you. A friend, particularly one who should be in a position to do something about it.
solid7

Post by solid7 »

sparky wrote:
FredMannis wrote:FWIW, I think you are carrying courtesy and a former relationship way too far. You have no evidence that they still have your rifle. If it were me, I would contact BATF and the police in Jacksonville
I agree, if for no other reason that if the rifle has been stolen/resold and the new owner does something illegal with it, it might come back to haunt you. A friend, particularly one who should be in a position to do something about it.

Gentlemen - with all due respect - I am not as much of a reactionary as the two of you appear to be, in cases like this. I still believe that "courtesy" and "former relationships" carry some weight. (in real life, I am not prone to caring for the feelings of others whom I do not know personally) And to that end, the matter has been resolved. I did not need to act on raw emotion or paranoia to resolve the situation. This company has been doing work for years, and I have no reason to doubt that it was anything OTHER than personal irresponsibility.

My firearm is scheduled for delivery next week. And my previous recommendation to avoid transactions with this company still stands.
trinaC

Re: Steve Moore, Ten Ring Service

Post by trinaC »

pjhoyles wrote:I regret to inform all readers that Mr. Steve Moore of Ten Ring Service passed away in the early hours of Wed June 10th 2009, after an extended battle with leukemia.
His daughter, Lisa is handling all business affairs and while there may be slow response to enquiries while arrangements for Steve are being made, I'm under the impression the firm still has technicians on hand and will continue in business, but the final say-so goes to Lisa Lovelace, please contact her at the business number.
- A friend

We cannot control ourselves to be sad once we have known that someone close to us has passed away because of some diseases like leukemia. Steve is such a great business man and I know he is loved by everybody. We should pray for his soul and his family.

Super Bowl Commercials 2011 Cancer Tips
Last edited by trinaC on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

solid7 wrote: Because I know the owners of Ten Ring (in Jacksonville) personally, and I would have to consider them almost as friends.
I think your relationship with them is at best, one sided. Friends don't treat friends this way!

Paul
solid7

Post by solid7 »

trinaC wrote:We should pray for his soul
With all due respect to the departed, what *exactly* would that accomplish?

I respect your condolences, but suggest that such bizarre statements are foreign to many people, and should be avoided as declaratory statements.
pgfaini wrote:I think your relationship with them is at best, one sided. Friends don't treat friends this way!
If I understood the issue enough to make that decree, life would be so grand... I don't stop caring about or for people, just because they do things that I can't explain. The first step is to try to get a grip on why they are doing it, and then act/react accordingly. (not shoot first, and ask questions later)

My issue with 10 ring is resolved. Not the happiest ending, but lesson learned, and plenty of lingering questions. Lisa is a wonderful person. Unfortunately, wonderful people don't necessarily make the best businessmen. But there was no malice, and I hope that she/they have taken, or will take, the necessary steps to recover this business that was built on a rock solid reputation...

Enough said.