Target sizeing

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
keith

Target sizeing

Post by keith »

I cant get 10m in my basement .....I have targets sized for 6m .....but I would like to shoot as close to 10 as I can get.......How would I size a target for 7.5 meters and print it of on my computer and what size should it measure so I can see if its right

thx KEith
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Best method is to download the scatt software which is free and print a scaled target from there - you can pick whatever distance you want.

Rob
luftskytter-

Post by luftskytter- »

I have copied some targets on the backside of other targets recently.
Worked fine: professional paper quality :-)
paulo

Post by paulo »

After downloading the scatt software and printing to your distance as mentioned, you can do a bit of copy/paste and end up with something like this to save paper.
At five shots per bull you get one match per page.
Attachments
12-bulls-air-pistol.gif
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

paulo wrote:After downloading the scatt software and printing to your distance as mentioned, you can do a bit of copy/paste and end up with something like this to save paper.
At five shots per bull you get one match per page.
That might be OK if all you want to do is save paper/money but IMHO it really doesn't get anywhere near replicating the correct sight picture.

edit note: .................unless you then cut the sheet up and use the individual targets with a suitable backer.
keith

Post by keith »

hey thx guys found and downloaded scatt......I now have a master 10m ,8m , 6m, for .177 cal pellet sweeeeet
Grzegorz

Re: Target sizeing

Post by Grzegorz »

keith wrote:I cant get 10m in my basement .....I have targets sized for 6m .....but I would like to shoot as close to 10 as I can get.......How would I size a target for 7.5 meters and print it of on my computer and what size should it measure so I can see if its right

thx KEith
You can play also with an excel (MS) file I have prepared for the Hign Noon Postal Competition many years ;-) ago. i do not remember if Scatt files take into account that target scales, but pellet not at all (it is still 4,5mm). This excel file application takes it into account:

http://omega.pol.lublin.pl/highnoon/tt.htm
keith

Post by keith »

yep the scatt program does acount for (4.5mm) pellet size .I now have targets sized for 6m ,8m , 8.5m's now I'm just playin around with how I want to set up my page.

Keith