Anschutz Precise weight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Jeffrey

Anschutz Precise weight

Post by Jeffrey »

Does anyone have the weight of the new Anschutz Precise stock ready to shoot but without the barreled action in place.

Jeffrey
Globesmasher17

Post by Globesmasher17 »

The 1918 Aluminum Precise is about 7 lbs.
Approximate ball park.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the response. I will send a check for $10.00 to the FIRST person (one check only) who can give me the weight within one ounce (postal scale) of the precise stock only (no barreled action in it). Please send the information to jeff@mwerksllc.com with your name and address and I will get the check out to you.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Post by Guest »

lol...what size grip? it'll make a difference in ounces. You cooking up something new?

-Mark

Post by Guest »

A medium grip will work. I'm cooking up a new stock that has considerably more adjustment range then my last stock and a lot more than anything I have seen out there but I'm getting concerned about the weight.

Jeffrey
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

For which model? The 19 series action or the 20?
matt
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

Have you seen the Mannel ASB rifle? Looks very adjustable.
Or the RMFTC stock? stands for Rifles Made For Total Control

The most adjustable buttplate that I have seen is the System Gemini.
matt

Post by Guest »

westerngriz wrote:For which model? The 19 series action or the 20?
matt
I will make a stock for each model.

Jeffrey

Post by Guest »

westerngriz wrote:Have you seen the Mannel ASB rifle? Looks very adjustable.
Or the RMFTC stock? stands for Rifles Made For Total Control

The most adjustable buttplate that I have seen is the System Gemini.
matt
I am happy to hear the Gemini is the most adjustable that you have seen because I have significantly more adjustment then they have.

Jeffrey
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

Thats cool. I would be totaly lost though.
matt
GTFS

Post by GTFS »

Jeffrey
I can not see a butt plate on your website?? Stock looks interesting.

Glen Turner.

Post by Guest »

GTFS wrote:Jeffrey
I can not see a butt plate on your website?? Stock looks interesting.

Glen Turner.
The stock and butt plate that I'm speaking of is on the milling machine and the prototype has not been finished. I am making one complete rifle for a 2000 series Anschutz action to iron out all the details before I publish it. So far everything is fitting up and working well but I'm worried about the weight. Removing material to make weight is sometimes the most difficult task.

I did receive an e-mail for the weight for a 1900 series Anschutz precise at 5.02 pounds. My previous stock was at 5.13 pounds and I expect this one will be heavier. If the balance is right the extra weight won't matter much.

Jeffrey
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Anschutz 2010 KK catalog on page 2 lists the weight as 2.3kg with the buttplate, and 1.9 kg minus the bp. I thought it was interesting that it was designed for vibration control, and has nanotechnology. As an engineer, I would like to see details on those specs.

Post by Guest »

TerryKuz wrote:Anschutz 2010 KK catalog on page 2 lists the weight as 2.3kg with the buttplate, and 1.9 kg minus the bp. I thought it was interesting that it was designed for vibration control, and has nanotechnology. As an engineer, I would like to see details on those specs.
Terry,
I think I'm using nanotechnology as well but I'm relying on the nanotech used to make the 6061-T6 bar stock I'm using. My main vibration control feature is an adjustable integrated action tuner I have embedded into the stock. The tuner is not high tech like the nanotechnology but it works really well.

Jeffrey
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

I wonder what kind of results you could get with An action tuner and a bloop tube tuner. wonder if you could tighter groups. Maybe a little... worth a try.
matt

Post by Guest »

westerngriz wrote:I wonder what kind of results you could get with An action tuner and a bloop tube tuner. wonder if you could tighter groups. Maybe a little... worth a try.
matt
I have not tried shooting with a bloop tube tuner but I have noticed that the tune for the rifle does change by just adding a bloop tube. It is my preference to keep any extra weight off the muzzle.

Jeffrey