Tube vs. Tuner

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

vlangan

Tube vs. Tuner

Post by vlangan »

As a newbie, I was lookinf for some clarification on the difference between the two. Can you have one and not the other? For someone new, is there a preferred length? What exactly does the tuner do?
cheers,
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

a bloop tube can be had with or without a tuner. a tuner can also be had with or without a bloop tube.

A bloop tube accomplishes two things at the same time. a bloop tube extends the front sight out farther away from the rear. this makes the front sight easier to focus on. It also allows you to see finer imperfections in sight picture with greater ease.

when the firing pin is released and strikes the rim of the case things begin to vibrate. those vibrations increase as the round goes off. the vibrations travel through the steel of the barrel to the muzzle and back to the receiver much faster than the bullet is moving. the vibrations will bounce back and forth multiple times before the bullet has left the muzzle. common sense dictates that you want the vibrations to be at the action end of the barrel when the bullet leaves the barrel.

ok now that ive explained vibrations i can start explaining tuners.
A tuner "tunes" the vibrations. It allows you to change the vibrations by moving a weight or a pressure point. this allows you to get smaller groups.

bloop tube length depends on what you want and the length of your barrel. that i cant tell you what length to get.
matt
I hope that all makes since.
Globesmasher17

Post by Globesmasher17 »

Very interesting read - thanks for that.
I was also wondering but never thought to ask.