.32 Smith & Wesson auto loading pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

R.M. wrote:I guess CF was shot at the CAT Games (I think), but that's as high a level of match that I've seen.
World Championships
TB

Post by TB »

David Levene wrote:
R.M. wrote:I guess CF was shot at the CAT Games (I think), but that's as high a level of match that I've seen.
World Championships
Walther European Cup is also at quite a high level.
TB

Post by TB »

Tycho wrote:I really don't see the problem with reloading, .32 is as easy to load as it gets, and out of my MG4, almost everything shoots well :-) And as long as I can load 500 shots an hour, where's the problem?
How is your MG4 doing by the way, stille performing flawless after initial breakin? Can you adjust the trigger weight down to 1000g without replacing the springs with lighter ones?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

No problemo, to both questions. Three MG4 now running in our club, all of them perfectly well. Trigger is not as brilliant as in the MG2, but still in the "very good" group; perhaps it'll improve over time, as the MG2 did. I'm shooting 1.0 grs N310 behind a 83grs HBWC now - muzzle jump lke a .22 :-)
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Tycho,
Only 1gr?
How far down do you seat the projectile?
Does the MG4 cycle reliably at those light loads?
My Hammerli 280 won't (with 90gr Hornady HBWC and 1.3gr 310).
I'm seriously close to buying an MG4, sounds like I'm doing the right thing.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yep, 1.0 right now. We're still testing for precision and reliability under bad weather conditions, but so far things look good. Cycles ok. Am using 83 grs Lapua, which are very short, so I won't bother seating them deeper - doesn't matter anyway - they are flush with the case rim. Back when I shot the 280, it took 1.4grs N310 and a 90grs H&N to get it to work AND shoot well. I stopped shooting CF for some years, because I prefer raked grip angles, and therefore got elbow / shoulder problems with the fast loads. But the MG4 with the light load is closer to a .22 than to the 280 (CF), so I hope it'll be fine.
adds033

Tycho X2

Post by adds033 »

Tycho wrote:RF is benefiting from the move to use of the Standard Pistol? How did you compute that? I see the scene in Switzerland, and I hear about Germany, and there are far more people who have left RF than such who have started to shoot it. Last year's national champs, everybody who shot the qualification (!) got to shoot at the championships, and there weren't even enough starters to fill all the slots. AFAIK, in Germany they are shooting the .22 short up to regional level or so, and having much more success there with the hobby shooters (participating is more important than winning...) than on higher level with the .22lr. If you're doing 550 without practicing, you should start planning for London 2012...
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

David Levene wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I have this silly question.... is it possible that in a near future what we currently know as Centerfire would be shot with a 22 lr pistol? Something like what happened with Rapid Pistol [22 Short to 22 lr].
It all depends how you define "near future".

With the reduction in trigger weight to 1000g in the latest rules the only difference between the C/Fire and 25m (Sport) events is hole size.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the C/Fire event replaced by a Mens "Sport" event in the 2013 or 2018 rules, with the new event replacing Rapid in the next Olympics.

This was a 2009 posting. Does anyone know if centrefire event is due to be altered to a .22 event in the forseeable future?
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

CF is still there in the 2013 rules, but of course, that is no guarantee of continued existence after the next rule change cycle.

Dr Jim