when stoped by the police with air rifles or smallbore rifle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

henry1

Post by henry1 »

Anonymous wrote:I don't really think you understand the law at all.

The laws of Texas have nothing to do with California. You are so confused you don't know which way is up.
i know the laws of the state of Ca
Steve N

Kalifornia

Post by Steve N »

The problem is that the original poster lives in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Along with the citizens of New York and New Jersey, Kalifornian's rights have been taken away by politicians who can only pass "feel good" laws, and not address the root causes of social problems. Politicians don't care if they make honest citizens into criminals, as long as they can say at election time that they passed laws to keep guns off the streets. But enough about that rant.

Carrying a gun in a locked case in plain view is just asking for trouble. Yes, a cop should be smart enough to realize that by the time you unlock all those locks, the meatwagon will be there to haul away your bullet-riddled carcass. Instead, they are trained by the real criminals they interact with to treat every citizen as a criminal until they prove otherwise. Most people are too timid to risk getting arrested, hauled to jail, etc. to assert their rights. We make it so much easier for the cops to violate our rights in our timidity.

I suggest if you really have concerns about your 2nd Amendment rights, visit www.thehighroad.us (NOT thehighroad.org) to get an eyes-wide-open view of your rights and the abuses of them by those in power.

Remember, the police and district attorneys ARE NOT your friends.
henry1

Re: Kalifornia

Post by henry1 »

Steve N wrote:The problem is that the original poster lives in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Along with the citizens of New York and New Jersey, Kalifornian's rights have been taken away by politicians who can only pass "feel good" laws, and not address the root causes of social problems. Politicians don't care if they make honest citizens into criminals, as long as they can say at election time that they passed laws to keep guns off the streets. But enough about that rant.

Carrying a gun in a locked case in plain view is just asking for trouble. Yes, a cop should be smart enough to realize that by the time you unlock all those locks, the meatwagon will be there to haul away your bullet-riddled carcass. Instead, they are trained by the real criminals they interact with to treat every citizen as a criminal until they prove otherwise. Most people are too timid to risk getting arrested, hauled to jail, etc. to assert their rights. We make it so much easier for the cops to violate our rights in our timidity.

I suggest if you really have concerns about your 2nd Amendment rights, visit www.thehighroad.us (NOT thehighroad.org) to get an eyes-wide-open view of your rights and the abuses of them by those in power.

Remember, the police and district attorneys ARE NOT your friends.
like the above poster said there is basic problems with dealing with local law enforcement in towns around the state..

for the one person who said about not knowing the laws of the state of Ca i do know the laws for the state of Ca about handguns and rifles that are allowed in the state of CA belive me when i tell this the state selection of what is allowed in the state is very narrow in the words of the CADOJ .

for i have a Texas and a AZ state CCW permits from those two states ..it states that you must show and tell them that you have a State Iusse CCW permit on you when stoped by the police dept if failure to do so .. you could lose your right to carry a weapon in a concealed manner in the state of Texas now that Az has pass the law allowing CCW without a pemit . i will not worry about getting my permit renewed when it time ..

since Ca allows very few CCW out here i do not think it would be wise to play games with the local police depts about what is allowed and what it not allowed as a rifle in there area.. so i play the game when the officer stop me and if i have my air rifle in the car with me i play the game to the fullest with them allowing them what they need to be safe at the time.. for when you run my tags on the car from the state of Texas it will come back that i have a CCW permit ..so it better to play the game and be safe than play stupid with them about the what they can and can not do ..that for the lawyers to fight it out in the courtroom ..