Poll: What is your best AP score and daily average now?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tallahassee

Post by Tallahassee »

What is your best AP score?

What is your daily average now?

What is the lower end of your daily average now?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Best personal 557 two years ago.

Right now, Average 540.

Bad day, high 520's.

Still trial and erroring on many things. May be too many things.
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Personal best = 539 (last weekend)

average score = 530

Lowest score in past 2 years = 507

Rarely shoot and dont practice. Only shoot in comps every couple months.

cheers
Shooting Bloke

Post by Shooting Bloke »

Best - 527
Average - 510
Bad day - 495
Tolkach

AP Scores

Post by Tolkach »

Best in competition/practice: 556/565

Daily Average: 540

Bad Day: mid 520s
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

PB, about 555. Only did that once.

Normal average in the mid 530s.

Bad day in the low 520s
Mike Woods

Post by Mike Woods »

This is really interesting to me as a new shooter. I've only been shooting for about six months.

PB: 528
Average: 518
Bad Day: 498

Of real interest to me is the profile of how shooter's scores increase with time and practice. In my first week of shooting I was around 440, and reached 500 within a couple of months. Its taken me another four months to add 20 points to that. How long to add another 20 points to get to 540????? [/u]
cdcmia

Post by cdcmia »

Best personal: 560, just a few weeks after starting shooting. Shot a 99 on a 10 shot seri. Did not know much about shooting then, did not know stance, NPA, breathing, gripping, alignment, stare at front sight, etc. How I shot my personal best, I have no freaking ( really no freaking) idea. Even to this day.

Now a day, shoot 540-550, mostly 89,90,91,92,93's.

Lousy day, 85, 86, 87's. When I can not stare at the front sight any more, no mas, it is not coming back.

I am still looking to shoot that 99 again. I have no freaking idea why it happen so soon after starting shooting, and why I have not been able to achieve it despite my humanly effort.
Dukie

Post by Dukie »

Best personal: 560, just a few weeks after starting shooting. Shot a 99 on a 10 shot seri. Did not know much about shooting then, did not know stance, NPA, breathing, gripping, alignment, stare at front sight, etc. How I shot my personal best, I have no freaking ( really no freaking) idea. Even to this day.

To be able to shoot 560 at the start of your shooting career, you must have stupifying, freaking beginner's luck or be a shooting natural. I had never shot a 99. I would frame that 99 if I ever achieve that.
dumb shooter

Post by dumb shooter »

my best : 584
my average : 565
my lowest : 560

i shoot fir 3 years
yana

Post by yana »

Best: somewhere in the 350's ex 400 (I'm female)
Shoot AP 1handed 1 yr now.
Practise usually around 349
mizzat

Post by mizzat »

I started shooting four weeks ago (shot six times so far with clubs gun). I've done target archery for many years and wanted to track my progress in AP so started scoring the last three session. So far I've done 460, 475 and 489. I hope the improvement will continue especially after my LP10E arrives.
mizzat

Post by mizzat »

I started shooting four weeks ago (shot six times so far with clubs gun). I've done target archery for many years and wanted to track my progress in AP so started scoring the last three session. So far I've done 460, 475 and 489. I hope the improvement will continue especially after my LP10E arrives.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Mine's all messed up since I took off from May of 2009 till Oct of 2010, but since Oct 2010:

Personal Best : 561 (competition only, I don't score my daily training ~ it's counter-productive)

I don't have a daily average, see above. But my competition average (USAS PTOs/ 6 matches) is 549

The above is with a low of 540, that was 100% mental (I wasn't in the mood to shoot but had pre-paid).