Walther LG30 Rifle good or bad??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TEN DOT

Walther LG30 Rifle good or bad??

Post by TEN DOT »

I am looking for a percision air rifle and this one caught my attention because it is an aluminum stock but is still affordable. This has me excited and scared. This is because i am wondering if they sacrificed quality for affordibility or if it is just an affordable gun that still shoots well. I need the ability to shoot in the 280's or 290's with this rifle, so anybody that owns one if you would tell me how you like it and what you would change about it if anything.
Thanks
TEN DOT
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

The AR30 as all walther rifles comes with test target that has 5 shots in one hole (from a vise). That meens it is capable of good scores. It comes with Gamo sights or similar. It can be adjusted to left or right shooters. I dont have one so i can comment on trigger pull quality or other things. my main concer would be that the butt stock seems to be one piece with the action as you can see at
http://www.carl-walther.de/files/pdf/LG30_2753294.pdf
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Our club bought several because they looked ideal for junior club shooters. And the stocks were ideal; light, easily switchable between left/right handers, easily adjustable.
However, within two months, every last one had broken, between problems with seals, internal linkages, and just plain undiagnosed busted.
I'll never touch or recommend one of them again.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

Jump on that LG300 in the trading post for $1100 it will do what you want for sure and the triggers are very nice. For the money if you can find a good used one you will save a lot of $$$. It is a buyers market right now for sure.

Bo

Post by Guest »

Not sure why they broke in Ireland but our club has 3 of them with lots of shots thru them and they work great, My daughter shoots one 5 days a week (not every week but for sure for 4 months) for the last 2 years. not one single issue. The guns are a little light for older shooters but we have added weight to all of them to get them up to 10lbs My daughter has shot 100's with hers.
brktrt-18

LG 30

Post by brktrt-18 »

I have no problem with mine. I competed with it for a whole year and it shoots better then I can. I averaged high 380's with it standing. It is for sale in the classifieds section. I am shooting trap now instead of air rifle and need a trap gun or I would keep it.