"UNIQUE" Owners Check in

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BEA

Post by BEA »

I have a DES 69 that I purchased off Felix Solis is about 1981. Shot standard pistol as well as bullseye with it for years. Still shoots fine. Wish they still made them as it seems to be a very well made pistol.
lightguy

Post by lightguy »

Mass Shooter wrote: Was that the one on Gun Broker a few weeks back?

Magazines are incredibly scarce unless you find another complete 823 and it comes with a set of mags. I'm not sure if the 823 model is compatible with the DES2000 or V079 Rapid-fire models (each are chambered in .22 short)
Lots of web searches and forum communications are sometimes helpful.

Congrats on the 823 and let us know how it shoots

M.S.
Yes it is.
The Morini grip is made for small hands however the original fits fine but needs tweaking for my thumb to rest comfortably.
Is it OK to carve on these or do I destroy value ?

Did not come with a manual either.
I need a simple photo copy one as I dont have a clue in how to dissasemble or adjust it.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

lightguy wrote:
Mass Shooter wrote: Was that the one on Gun Broker a few weeks back?

Magazines are incredibly scarce unless you find another complete 823 and it comes with a set of mags. I'm not sure if the 823 model is compatible with the DES2000 or V079 Rapid-fire models (each are chambered in .22 short)
Lots of web searches and forum communications are sometimes helpful.

Congrats on the 823 and let us know how it shoots

M.S.
Yes it is.
The Morini grip is made for small hands however the original fits fine but needs tweaking for my thumb to rest comfortably.
Is it OK to carve on these or do I destroy value ?

Did not come with a manual either.
I need a simple photo copy one as I dont have a clue in how to dissasemble or adjust it.
Make a seperate post on this site, I'm thinking someone might have a manual to make a copy .... worth a shot

M.S.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

There has been a unique des 69 manual on gun broker for months check it out, a real mccoy is deserved for this fantastic gun

Re: "UNIQUE" Owners Check in

Post by Guest »

Mass Shooter wrote:Fellow UNIQUE owners check in...
I've tried for years to be a Unique pistol owner but I can't find the model I want - their short-lived centerfire single shot silhouette pistol. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
BrentonJ

Post by BrentonJ »

Hi Guys,

After months and years i finally have found and bought a Unique DES 69/U It has its original case, tools, manual, test group and comes with 2 mags. It has done little work and is in great nick. Cant wait to go shoot it next week now. I also know where another one is in Aust if anyone is looking and it is at a reasonable price.
Attachments
uni69u.jpg
uni69u.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 8877 times
Shooting Kiwi

Post by Shooting Kiwi »

lightguy - I posted a URL for manuals earlier in this thread...

Haven't checked that it still works, though.
Mass Shooter

Post by Mass Shooter »

BrentonJ wrote:Hi Guys,

After months and years i finally have found and bought a Unique DES 69/U It has its original case, tools, manual, test group and comes with 2 mags. It has done little work and is in great nick. Cant wait to go shoot it next week now. I also know where another one is in Aust if anyone is looking and it is at a reasonable price.
Very nice!! Try to hunt around for additional magazines as they are quite scarce.

You will really enjoy shooting your new treasure ... Congrats!

M.S.
BrentonJ

Post by BrentonJ »

Mass Shooter wrote:
BrentonJ wrote:Hi Guys,

Very nice!! Try to hunt around for additional magazines as they are quite scarce.

You will really enjoy shooting your new treasure ... Congrats!

M.S.
Thanks you very much I've been waiting a long time to post in this thread :D and ideas on where to start looking for mags it has two already
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

You guys are lucky, I always wanted a 2000 U!

Just acquired a very nice VO/79

Post by Guest »

This is only the second Unique I've ever owned. Had a DES32U a few years back, but sold it to Don Nygord for a target 45. Bad mistake. I know nothing about the VO/79 so if anyone out there has some history for this gun I'd love to hear it. Mine comes with the original case, extra mag, tools and manual. It is in near new condition, obviously not shot much at all. Can hardly wait to try it.
Keith
Leon

Post by Leon »

keithwwalker wrote:You guys are lucky, I always wanted a 2000 U!
Here's a nice one - http://gunsrus.com.au/index.php?page=sh ... tuemart&It
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

Thanks, Potter also has one that I have a line on.
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

Anyone know about a grip for a 2000U? I have seen conflicting info as to whether Morini sells one. The 2000U I am interested in has a modified grip and is probably too big for me.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I'd be surprised if anybody made a 2000/U grip anymore - the pistol's been out of production for a long time, and .22 short RFP is as dead as my grandmother. Nobody in his right mind is going to stock grips for that.
Leon

Post by Leon »

keithwwalker wrote:Thanks, Potter also has one that I have a line on.
Just looked at the Potter one - looks rough compared to the other one I posted a link on. This one also appears to have an un-altered grip.

No, it's not mine nor do I know the owner....
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

Leon wrote:
keithwwalker wrote:Thanks, Potter also has one that I have a line on.
Just looked at the Potter one - looks rough compared to the other one I posted a link on. This one also appears to have an un-altered grip.

No, it's not mine nor do I know the owner....
Unfortunately most AUS dealers aren't willing to go through the hassles of shipping to the US. Rob and Anne Potter are extemely nice to deal with.
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

So can anyone tell me the difference between a DES 69 and a 2000?

Do you think the grips will interchange?
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

I recall that somewhere it was listed that the US olympic team once medaled with Unique pistols, anyone have more info, when? Which pistol?
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

A nice description on the DES/69U:
http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIIC2w1.html