Your review of LP2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Heba

Your review of LP2

Post by Heba »

What do u think of LP2 Steyr? Did any of u try it, any advice? I like it for its light weight, but will it suit me as I was a former olympic shooter who is returning back after a long time.
David Levene

Re: Your review of LP2

Post by David Levene »

Heba wrote:I like it for its light weight, but will it suit me as I was a former olympic shooter who is returning back after a long time.
As a former Olympic shooter you should know, better than anyone, that what suits one person will not necessarily suit another.

The only way you will know whether it suits you is to try it, and even then the "novelty factor" could mis-lead you.
Heba

Post by Heba »

David, thanks for ur entry. I have tried it myself and looks fine specially with good grouping. I used my last AP Steyr grip, so i am not far from the grip part. I just wonder about the missing compressor part. Have u tried it urself? Or have heard of someone who did?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Heba, of course David is right the suitability of a pistol is obviously going to be a very personal thing.

The pistol is built with normal Steyr quality so from that standpoint the pistol is more than capable of being able to shoot at the top level.

I believe the trigger, grip and absorber (stabilizer) are all the same as the LP10.

An important question is why do you prefer the LP2 over the LP10 or LP10E. If you can explain to yourself what draws you to the pistol over the others than you have made an informed choice. Some might like the balance or weight over the others, so just like the price. This way you can look at the features that draw you towards a particular gun and remember most of these pistols are very adjustable so some of these features can be adjusted to the way you like them and don't rely on the factory settings.

I've shot the LP2 and it was nice but personally I didn't find anything that would draw me away from an LP10 (even the price difference here I don't find an attractive draw.

For the record I own an LP10 and am currently shooting an LP10E, I also have an LP5. I've shot Morini ,both the regular and the compact (prefer the compact), FWB P44 (very nice pistol shoots and feels good have heard rumblings about the durability of the finish and the Walther 300 XT, nice pistol but nothing that would draw me away from the LP10.

Good luck on your choice, it's a very good problem to have for us shooters, there are just too many good pistols to choose from.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Heba wrote:Have u tried it urself? Or have heard of someone who did?
I know a couple of people with full length LP2s and several, mainly juniors, with Compacts.

I shot the full length LP2 a few years ago (probably 10-15 shots) and it wasn't particularly memorable, either good or bad. It certainly wasn't good enough to tempt me away from my 162EI.
Guest456

Post by Guest456 »

Richard H wrote: I believe the trigger, grip and absorber (stabilizer) are all the same as the LP10.
I don't think the LP2 has an absorber, nor the same kind of trigger.

Not quite so

Post by 12345 »

Richard H wrote: The pistol is built with normal Steyr quality so from that standpoint the pistol is more than capable of being able to shoot at the top level.
Yes, no doubt about that.
Richard H wrote: I believe the trigger, grip and absorber (stabilizer) are all the same as the LP10.
No, the LP2 doesn`t have an absorber, and has a trigger different from that of the LP10.
Richard H wrote: I've shot the LP2 and it was nice but personally I didn't find anything that would draw me away from an LP10.
How come? Haye have fired an LP2 withou noticing it has a diffrent trigger and no absorber, you say?
I believe you've never fired any LP2.
Richard H wrote: ... have heard rumblings about the durability of the finish and the Walther 300 XT, ...
Yes, same for all Walther APs.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

As far as I can tell having disassembled an LP2 the trigger is the same, save for the ball bearings of course.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Well I'm pretty sure the trigger is the same but hey I didn't take the thing apart to confirm it. It did have the older style trigger shoe which was only adjustable for and aft. The other thing I'm pretty sure the rear sight is not adjustable for width. I'm sure it had the bearing as it was the first thing that I noticed as my old LP10 doesn't.

As for the absorb sure I might have been wrong but really I don't find the absorber makes that great of a deal. I could be confusing it with the LP@ but who knows.

12345 I didn't own the pistol and shot maybe half a dozen to ten shots through it, so relax and don't get your panties in a bunch if my memory is mistaken as it wasn't a pivotal event in my life.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

NO bearing on an LP2 trigger.
Correct that rear sight width is not adjustable.
To appreciate the absorber, just deactivate it on an LP10.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It seems the LP2 can have the bearing added to the trigger just as it can be to the old LP10' and Lp1's. So I'm not crazy the LP2 that I saw handle ands shot ten times at most did have the bearing in the trigger.

This is right from their sight

Rüsten Sie Ihre LP 10, LP 2 und LP 1 auf
den kugelgelagerten Abzug um! M
Have your LP 10, LP 2 and LP 1 refitted to the ball bearing trigger!
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Of course its possible to retrofit, but I thought we were considering the as sold pistol. To that end you can replace the rear sight too...
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Actually I was just relaying my thoughts on the one single LP2 that I had happened to shoot, thats all. The one I happened to shoot, had a bearing on the trigger I don't know if it came with it, was put on by aliens or just appeared out of the ether (we do have a dealer here in Canada who sometimes gets special things done to pistols he use to sell FWB55's that were shortened too). I didn't think the thread was going to turn into the inquisition.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Richard H wrote:Actually I was just relaying my thoughts on the one single LP2 that I had happened to shoot, thats all.
At least you noticed. I haven't got the faintest idea whether the one I shot had the bearings fitted or not.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It's really one of the things that I'm certain of because I was surprised that it had one and I don't have it on my LP10.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Does the ball bearing make any difference over the standard trigger of the LP10?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I find it removes any side play from the trigger pivot point, thus theoretically it should make the trigger more consistent.
Heba

Ball bearing

Post by Heba »

Ur comments here r very helpful, thanks for the feedback. A short primitive question which could be due to language difference, what is the ball bearing, is it the adjustable trigger that comes with the LP 10?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Richard H wrote:

I find it removes any side play from the trigger pivot point, thus theoretically it should make the trigger more consistent.
Does that mean that the user that has the ball bearing will achieve higher scores or have a distinct advantage over a regular LP10 trigger, or
it all depends on how good the shooter is?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

No it doesn't mean that, for the most part it is very minor. Training, skill and and natural ability will have a lot more to do with the outcome than a bearing in the trigger, which no thought was a problem till they were told it was a problem ;)