ISSF 50 Meter stock dimensions

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

weilers

ISSF 50 Meter stock dimensions

Post by weilers »

Hi all,

I just went through the ISSF manual twice and I could not find any minimum dimensions, specific size requirements, etc. for ISSF 50 Meter rifle events, in terms of permitted stock dimensions. Apart from weight, does anybody know if there are any minimum/maximum dimensions for ISSF Smallbore Rifle stocks?
justadude

Post by justadude »

Weilers,

You are correct, there aren't really minimum dimensions specified for this stuff. The only minimum that jumps out at me is the 1500 gram minimum trigger pull for a 300m standard rifle but clearly that has little to do with a 50m rig. I assume you were studying section 7.4 of the ISSF rules.

Classically the problem with target rifles has been people trying to make things bigger, longer, heavier not smaller, shorter, lighter so I guess ISSF never got around to making minimum rules. Not sure we want to give them any ideas. : )

'Dude

Post by Guest »

That is why is it and has been called "FREE RIFLE" Free of limitations except for safety purposes and other nefarious possibilities...release triggers, auto firing posibilities (fire only when sights are aligned with bull in center...(the technology IS available), etc.