Rapid Fire Guns

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dino911

rapid fire pistols

Post by dino911 »

does Mrs. Spencer know of the new pistol??

you will have to have a show and tell when it turns up :)

regards
Dean
Spencer

Re: rapid fire pistols

Post by Spencer »

dino911 wrote:does Mrs. Spencer know of the new pistol??...
you mean the woman who looks at me with that 'silly old fool' look that wives develop - yes
dino911 wrote:...you will have to have a show and tell when it turns up :)
regards
Dean
yes - that will make at least three CM22RFs in the club.
Kapires

Post by Kapires »

Hi.
I'm from Finnland and my hobby have been last 1 1/2 year target pistol shooting.

Here in liddle Finnland there is not much forums for this hobby, so i try to learn english here and talk about shooting.

I have a Morini cm 22m pistol.

I wonder how hard this is because my english is not very good...
PFribley

English

Post by PFribley »

Keep it up you are doing just fine!!!!
Kapires

Post by Kapires »

Thank's.

Do anybody know if any of world top shooters are using
Morini cm 22 anymore?

I have try to find professional shooting whit Morini cm 22 from youtube
but i have not find. Anybody know a good links?
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

Spencer wrote:
dino911 wrote:does Mrs. Spencer know of the new pistol??...
you mean the woman who looks at me with that 'silly old fool' look that wives develop - yes
dino911 wrote:...you will have to have a show and tell when it turns up :)
regards
Dean
yes - that will make at least three CM22RFs in the club.
Make that 4 Spencer.
I know of 2 others using at the moment plus mine. Then yours when it arrives.

Mind you I plan on a shoot out between my FAS 607, Hammerli 280 and the CM22RF before state titles. Make sure I take the right one.

Cheers
BruceF

rapid fire pistols

Post by BruceF »

From a personal viewpoint on the Morini CM22.

I have owned a 'steel' CM22 since 2003 (I think). It has fired probably over 150,000 rounds.

I did compare it to an alloy CM22 (Rapid Fire Model) but will be staying with the 'Steel' version as it recovers better from recoil for me in Rapid Fire. The alloy version tended to 'climb' as I traversed across the targets especially in 4 seconds. (The heavier steel pistol just dropped back into position much faster.) I did not try the alloy version with added weights - it seemed a bit pointless to make it the same as what I already had.

My (and I stress 'my' pistol, so it may not apply to others...) can be a bit fussy in cold temperature (<15deg C) as far as extracting empty cases. Easily fixed with a small drop of oil on the top round when I load the mag. Seems to help makes the pistol cycle faster on colder days. Can also be a bit tempremental after the barrel and chamber are cleaned - I always shoot 10 to 20 rounds after the gun is cleaned before I shoot in competition. (I clean it about every 500 rounds or so.)

Maintenance - I have broken 1 firing pin, replaced the slide return spring twice and changed the silly star headed (torx?) bolt that hold the top shroud/barrel to the frame to an Allen key type bolt.

As for the other adjustments - have adjusted the grip angle once, changed the rear sight gap once, and the 'trigger setup' has not been altered in the last 5 years. (first stage length / weight, let-off etc)
The pistol has never failed a trigger weight check. (I set it to about 1060g when I first got it and it has not changed yet.)

How popular ? In my club, Brisbane Pistol Club, it is not uncommon to see 6 out of 8 shooters using a Morini CM22. There are probably 15 to 20 CM22 pistols in the club. Very handy having the Aussie importer as a club member who can backup the pistol with excellent service and support. (not that it is needed much.) Potter Firearms - www.potfire.com.au

Would I consider a change to another pistol ? No, the CM22 is a good gun for me.

Would I buy a pistol (for Rapid / Standard) with an 'electronic' trigger ? No. Why change a mechanical system that works very well if treated properly.

Would you do more dry firing with an electronic trigger ? Probably not.
How much do you do now ? Twice nothing is still nothing. (or is that is just me....)

I will be strongly recommending my partner (just new to shooting) that she use one of the new CM22s (Steel Frame, Alloy top). It is a bit lighter than the all steel version which is probably better for her in Sport Pistol.
(Fast recoil recovery not quite as important.)

Oh, just one more thing, don't go out and buy an expensive pistol then complain that your $3.00 a box ammo does not work perfectly. A quality pistol deserves decent quality ammo. (I am using SK Standard Plus or SK Pistol Match Special)

A bit of useless information just to confuse things - my best ever Standard pistol score was shot with a Hammerli 208 (heavy barrel weight) and some cheap Chinese ammo that kicked like a mule. 584/600 in 1989 (one of those 'out of body experience' days...) Best with the CM22 - 574 a couple of months ago - mind you, I don't shoot as much Std as I did back then.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

BruceF wrote:Would you do more dry firing with an electronic trigger ? Probably not.
How much do you do now ? Twice nothing is still nothing. (or is that is just me....)
Good to see you're still around Bruce.

One advantage I can see of an electronic trigger in RFP is that it would allow you to (properly) use the new Scatt RFP trainer.
Kapires

Post by Kapires »

Thank you BruceF!

My Morini CM 22 M is my first sport pistol. I have trained 1 year. It was used when i bought it but only 40 shots! My friend at Finish rapid fire team looked it before i buy it and he says that is like a bran new. He mean it was shot only 40 ammo or near that.

I buy it for 1000€. In here 1400€ for new one.
I wanted to buy Pardini but 2000€ is too much for me.

I have same experiense for Morini RF version than you. I also have steel version and all extra weights.

I like and i use CCI Standard ammos. In competition also.

Where i am good at is Finnish army reserve shooting. We use Olympic target and we shoot 5 ammo for one target. You have 10 seconds for 5 ammo. Then 8 seconds and then 6 seconds. Each time period we do 20 shots.
Is this global or only here in Finland? I don't know.
My best is 571 in training and best competition points 557.

In target shooting my best is 550 in competition. Hard for me for some reason?

Nothing broken yet in my gun. I have propably shoot 10'000 ammos for now on and all ammos work for my gun.

I clean my gun like BruceF is doing. I have notice my self that 500 shots is time to clean. I do not know anybody who have Morini here where i shoot :-).
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Spencer wrote:
Leon wrote:...I've been thinking about one of these as well. I thought they only came with alloy frames?
will post when it turns up - hopefully steel
in my hot little hands... (visualise smiles!)
it is steel frame and steel upper
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Spencer wrote:in my hot little hands... (visualise smiles!)
Shoot well, but not too well (Annex J, 2.2) ;-)
dino911

Post by dino911 »

Spencer ,

did you try it out at the old Farts shooting day? if so, how did it go?

regards
Dean
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

David Levene wrote:
Spencer wrote:in my hot little hands... (visualise smiles!)
Shoot well, but not too well (Annex J, 2.2) ;-)
I doubt that "...Participate in competitions where world records may be established..." is likely to apply to me!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

dino911 wrote:Spencer ,

did you try it out at the old Farts shooting day? if so, how did it go?

regards
Dean
Bang, every time excepting one 'sus' Fiocchi round
what's more it shoots in the black all by itself
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

Kapires wrote:
Where i am good at is Finnish army reserve shooting. We use Olympic target and we shoot 5 ammo for one target. You have 10 seconds for 5 ammo. Then 8 seconds and then 6 seconds. Each time period we do 20 shots.
We have the same shooting here in Norway.
gunnery

Post by gunnery »

Kapires wrote:
Its global en it's: 25m Military Rapid Fire Pistol
http://www.cism-milsport.org/eng/003_SP ... EAM[1].pdf
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

kanedal wrote:
Kapires wrote:
We have the same shooting here in Norway.
CISM or Military Match. Usually shot with centrefire pistols though. 32SWL is the favoured round in Canada.
Dr Jim