dry firing the marvel conversion

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

siordian1

dry firing the marvel conversion

Post by siordian1 »

I have just purchased a conversion kit from a good friend. It is mounted on a Rock River frame and shoots very well. I want to practice dry firing it but I am concerned about damage. The manual says dry firing can be done but not on a "regular" basis. If I use a saftey cap will that help? Thanks
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

Drop by your local hardware store and get some #4 drywall anchors... those plastic things you put in drywall to secure a screw. They work wonderfully as 22LR snap caps and even cycle through the magazine if you want to throw a couple in with the live rounds for "dummy and ball" practice.
Misny

Post by Misny »

bebloomster wrote:Drop by your local hardware store and get some #4 drywall anchors... those plastic things you put in drywall to secure a screw. They work wonderfully as 22LR snap caps and even cycle through the magazine if you want to throw a couple in with the live rounds for "dummy and ball" practice.
That's what I use. They work great, although I can't get them to feed through the Marvel magazines. My buddy uses Zoom snap caps.
Art

Dry Firing the 22

Post by Art »

I like the Saf-T-Trainers from Gil Hebard.

They feed through the magazines and are good for at least 20 shots if you turn them after 3 dry fires.

They're $10/50
penman53

Dry firing a Marvel

Post by penman53 »

I only have one thing to say about dry firing a Marvel.

Absolutely no way, no nada ain't happening.

Go to Brownells and buy some 22 caliber snap caps. You will be much better off doing that then dry firing the Marvel

Mark, Edmond Ok