anyone remember that old flash game?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
trinity

anyone remember that old flash game?

Post by trinity »

I remember, quite some time ago, that there was this really neat Flash game that sort of simulated ISSF shooting... you had to align your sights first, then align the sights on target... I can't for the life of me though, find that link anymore... since google for Flash shooting game nowadays is totally pointless.

Does anyone have that link somewhere?

Thanks,
-trinity
Rob Ouellette

Post by Rob Ouellette »

trinity

Post by trinity »

OHHH MYY GOD!!! I am amazed!! Thank you! That's it. I don't know how you found it! But that's great, I knew someone on TT would know it!

-trinity
Happy

Post by Happy »

Thats a cracking good site thanks Rob.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

That's fun all right, but it seems to teach chicken finger IMO. A real tendency to "NOW!" the shot. :-)

If they could build in the sight jumping because of that anticipation...
mapletune

Post by mapletune »

you probably want to use this flash app with zero oscillation. =)
Happy

Post by Happy »

EdStevens wrote:it seems to teach chicken finger IMO. A real tendency to "NOW!" the shot.
On the contrary, I believe it teaches you to anticipate the good sight picture that will come during the hold,
and get ready to squeeze off correctly at that point.
Happy2

Post by Happy2 »

which is exactly what chicken finger is
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Or it's just a game.
trinity

Post by trinity »

Since we can't take a video of what our eyes see during the aiming process, I thought this game might be a good tool to help one visualize a shot. You can use it to sort of trace out your shot routine, lock your wrist (the front sight alignment part), raise gun above bull, slowly descend through the bull, initiating your trigger (yes we can't do this part in the game with a mouse, but you can imagine it), and then let it settle in your area of aim with the wobble, and continue building trigger pressure until a nice release.

I think it can be a good visualization tool, perhaps for more experienced shooters who know the point of the game is not to snatch at that mouse button when you see the perfect picture.

But also perhaps coaches can use it to explain to very new shooters what sort of raise and settle process should be expected... again, since we can't easily record what we see directly.

I think as purely a game, frankly it isn't a very good game, I mean, I can think of way more fun games than this one to play :-)

-trinity