poa always right when standing,help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

petzi

poa always right when standing,help

Post by petzi »

No matter what I do my poa is always right of center when standing,I have tried everything especially foot position,I now believe its coming from the upper body somehow.I know its hard to say without seeing my position but any help would be appreciated.There must be something I am overlooking.Thanks for any suggestions.
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

I'd first check my elbow placement on my side. Make sure it's not wandering too far towards my belly. If that seems ok, try either putting your left hand further out on the stock/palm rest in .5cm increments or moving your butt plate out in .5cm increments (don't move it out more than 2-3cm). Either will help keep your shoulders from getting too out of square with your hips.
mapletune

Post by mapletune »

I have this problem as well and I think part of the problem is my mind. It seems that I use my eyes to orient myself when I pick up the rifle from the stand and lower it into position. Instead of concentrating on my movements and making sure I set up exactly the same every time, my eyes are already focused on the target. Distracted from my stance, my rifle is lowered while I'm looking at the target, hence, subconciously aligned towards it. Result is always a bit right instead.

Practising holding exercises against a plain background helped me place concentration back into my position. After doing this for a while, you gradually convince yourself that the target isn't important, but your position. So now when I'm holding in front of the target, it's a bit easier to maintain POA.

Just sharing my experience =p
petzi

Post by petzi »

Thanks for the responses,will try these at next practice and post results.
dmf

Post by dmf »

I've experienced a similar issue before as well. In addition to the other suggestions, you might also check that you are standing perfectly inline to the target (i.e. not too far to the right or left), as this could be a contributing factor.
Cheers
petzi

Post by petzi »

First thanks again for all responses.I just finished some dry fire training and Soupy44 it was just as you said.The first thing i tried was elbow placement,and sure enouh i was too far in towards my belly.I also now know in part why.The problem had been getting steadily worse for the last month or so.I have lost a bit of weight lately not much only around 2and half kilos less than 7 pounds and was placing my elbow further inside to compesate for the slack in my jacket.Will now move buttons.The advice saved me alot of time and frustration.Danke