Coming Soon--Ban Lead Bullets!!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mnrok

Coming Soon--Ban Lead Bullets!!

Post by mnrok »

Oz

Post by Oz »

I've been pushing for the use of depleted uranium as a replacement.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The cost might actually force people to learn to hit what they shoot at, I guess that would be the bright side.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

For air rifles and pistols, aren't lead pellets all you should use because the lead is soft enough for the rifling to take effect?
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Banning lead is stupid but that said I wouldn't get my shorts in a bunch. Necessity is the mother of invention, as long as there is lead and you can use it and it's cheap that's what Mfg's will use as soon as they can't use it, miraculously new materials and compounds will become available and because of increased use prices of the scarce (limited production) no lead ammo will become cheaper
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Actually, the EPA lacks the authority. See http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2010/0 ... mmunition/

Though I do recommend contacting the EPA. No sense letting them think this isn't being watched.
Rover

Post by Rover »

This is another moronic California libtard idea. Even the Arizona Fish & Game is not keen on this one.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

It has been killed by the EPA!. In a swift and unexpected decision, the Environmental Protection Agency today rejected a petition from environmental groups to ban the use of lead in bullets and shotgun shells, claiming it doesn't have jurisdiction to weigh on the controversial Second Amendment issue.
GCSInc

EPA Denies Petition By Center for Biological Diversity

Post by GCSInc »

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2010/0 ... mmunition/

EPA Denies Petition By Center for Biological Diversity To Ban Lead Ammunition...

We Win the first Battle of a Long War!
guest22

Coming soon - Ban lead bullets

Post by guest22 »

Is target shooting under attack for using lead bullets? The majority of air ranges are indoors and the fired pellets are being collected and recycled. As for the auto door ranges, it is fairly easy to install bullet traps that pay for themselves by the metal that can be sold to the crap yards.
There is of course the pollution of lead dust… Here I would recommend to those who are bothered to stop breathing, surest way to be on the safe side ;-)
Guy
tennexeley

Banning Lead Bullets

Post by tennexeley »

How would military, police force, etc. ever be able to train without any ammunition? I recently went to Fort Benning to compete at the Nationals, and all day you heard gunfire in the background from military training. Don't tell me America is all for taking away training opportunities for our armed forces, too...
Roodaddy600

Post by Roodaddy600 »

Actually the Army is developing lead free bullets already. They've been testing them, not in everything yet but in some of the stuff. A guy that used to be in the Unit is one of the people testing them. And solid copper lead free bullets have been in use for hunting for a while now. SO it wouldnt be hard to make them for the military firearms as well.

Shane
BorzoiDad

Lead Bullet Ban

Post by BorzoiDad »

U.S. News and World Report has a report today (See the Drudge Report) that the EPA has abandoned their effort to ban lead bullets due to opposition from the NRA and other shooting organizations.
silentfury214

Post by silentfury214 »

Thank goodness!