pictures from MUnich

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

pilkguns
Site Admin

pictures from MUnich

Post by pilkguns »

henry1

Post by henry1 »

thank you for the pictures sir i enjoyed them.. i did notice one thing it seams to be a lot more metal stocked rifles than the wood stock rifles ..
chuckjordan

Good pictures of the match and crowd

Post by chuckjordan »

It felt like I was there. Thank you, Scott.

Chuck
Dr. Jim

SP08

Post by Dr. Jim »

OK, looks like the Demyan SP08 is real. Any information that can be shared yet?
Dr Jim
Parents of shooter

Thanks for the pics!

Post by Parents of shooter »

We are the parents of a junior who shot at the World Championships, but we were not able to be there and didn't have any pics until now! Thanks so much for posting them!
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Thanks so much for the pictures.
You were in Munchen ?
The US shooters has well shoot, especially women team
Best regards from France
Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks for the great pictures, Scott. Did you take any 300 metre pictures?

Jason

Post by Guest »

Just how long ago did 50M prone become an indoor event?? By the pics posted the 50M prone event was indoors and 3P "kind of" outdoors...looked rather "element (wind, and light variations) protected. Is doping the wind becoming an ancient art form for international shooters? Its like shooting thru a 50M test tunnel!
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Finals for 50m and 25m events are sometimes indoors. Even if not completely indoors they would be set up so the shooters would be deep inside a three sided building.

Post by Guest »

PaulB wrote:Finals for 50m and 25m events are sometimes indoors. Even if not completely indoors they would be set up so the shooters would be deep inside a three sided building.
I guess the rule that shooters had to be "exposed" to the prevailing elements has been done away with (roof and wind screens excepted). A three sided closed structure with "wind screens??" every 2 postions jutting out 2 meters past the firing line and 2 meters to the rear of the firing line is certainly "coddling" the talent. Gee a post regaling the use of "stiff clothing" via a ISSF journal article seems meaningless. Keep the "stiff" clothing, open up the range firing points to the natural light at the rear and for wind/air, keep the roof and reduce the "wind screens" to 1 meter.

Lets get back to opening up the points, doping the wind, physically bucking the wind (if any) and adjusting for natural light changes!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

PaulB wrote:Finals for 50m and 25m events are sometimes indoors. Even if not completely indoors they would be set up so the shooters would be deep inside a three sided building.
Finals have to be shot indoors (someone else can quote the ISSF rules). In qualification 25 and 50M events must be shot with the majority in the open, again the rules say how much, but it's probably 90% +. At Munich the 50M ranges, and to some extent the 25M ranges, looked indoors because of the overhead baffles down the range.

The wind certainly played a big part in the comps I saw, the flags were moving just as much as the fully open ranges I shoot on, if not more.

And for those there, details started at 8am, and at about 8.30 - 8.40 the sun came onto the targets, so the light changed very significantly mid match (especially on the clear, sunny days).

Rob.
j-team

Post by j-team »

RobStubbs wrote:
Finals have to be shot indoors (someone else can quote the ISSF rules). ).

Rob.
What??? How about you show us the rule that says that?

10m yes.

25m and 50m no.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

j-team wrote:
RobStubbs wrote:
Finals have to be shot indoors (someone else can quote the ISSF rules). ).

Rob.
What??? How about you show us the rule that says that?

10m yes.

25m and 50m no.
6.3.17 show the specification for indoor ranges (including 25 and 50M). And since 6.3.6.3.2 and .3 specify that 25M and 50M ranges must be x metres in the open air, logic dictates that can only be for the finals. Added to that there must be a separate finals range (3.5.1).

I'm not able to find anything that specifically states that finals halls must be indoors, but they are in all major competition finals I've ever seen.

Rob.

Outdoor final ranges

Post by Guest »

At least one World Cup (Milan) last year had an outdoor final range for 50m prone and 3p, so I think they are still legal.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Anonymous wrote:At least one World Cup (Milan) last year had an outdoor final range for 50m prone and 3p, so I think they are still legal.
Perhaps, or perhaps it's just world championships and olympics that have to be indoors ?

Rob.

Outdoor final ranges

Post by Guest »

6.3.6.3.3.1 50 m and 25 m ranges should, whenever possible, be outdoor ranges but may be exceptionally indoor or closed ranges if required by legal or climatic conditions.

6.17.2.1 If exceptionally the Finals are conducted in indoor ranges at 25 m and 50 m Final World Records may be established.

From this and the rules you mentioned I cannot see that there should be any problem legally with an outdoor final hall/range event at the World Championship or Olympic games.

If I remember correctly it was outdoor at 50 m both in the Sydney Olympics 2004 and at the World Championship in Zagreb 2006 (the rules may of course have changed since then, but I doubt it in this case).
Barney

Post by Barney »

The finals range at the Sydney olympic range is completely inclosed/indoor up to the 10m point, as screens are pulled across to shoot the 10m matches.
For other matches out to 50m the screens are opened and the range is fully exposed to the natural elements, apart from the over head safety baffles.

The main 60 bay 50m range is fully exposed to the elements, again apart from the over head safety baffles.

The shade cloth baffling running down range every 10 or so bays to help slow the wind down was removed a few years ago.

Now the baffling has been removed it seems easier to shoot now, I think its because the wind can flow freely and you dont get the swirling with the stop start nature.
Shooting right along either side of the cloth was a nightmare
candace

Post by candace »

These are great photos! I wish I was as good at photography as you! I always forget to take photos until I get home and unpack my camera. I've never been to Munich, but after looking at the photos, I'd love to go. It's just a matter of when...