Hammerli 160 Special Barrel Weight System

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DaFont

Hammerli 160 Special Barrel Weight System

Post by DaFont »

Hello,
I just purchased a Hammerli 160 Special. It came without a barrel weight system or muzzel break. I was told that they were always accessory items for the 160, however, every photo of a 160 that I've seen had these items with the gun. Were these items standard on the 160?
Thanks
DAF
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

They were standard on the 160 special. The 160 (normal) came with a black frontend that hung under the barrel. AFAIK, every 160 special that was delivered as such has a blue triggerguard, a blue comp and the barrelweights. Makes sense, as they were the real improvement of the "special" over the old 160. There are two different barrel versions around, so that cant' be used to check the version - see earlier tt threads about the 160.
jipe

Post by jipe »

The Hammerli 160 special was factory delivered with its special barrel weight system as shown on the picture below:

The barrel weight of the 160 special is specific to this model and different from the barrel weight of the Hammerli 160, below the picture of the Hammerli 160 (actually a 162 with electronic trigger, the 160 doesn't have the switch and LED)::

Note that the frame of the 160 special is different from the frame of the normal 160 (look at the place where the bartrel is mounted, sharp edges on the 160 special, 45degree on the 160), the 160 special has two bolds for the barrel on the top of the frame that do not exists on the 160

Hammerli and several owners of the 160 modified their 160 to make it look like a 160 special, but the frame is different and the modified 160 can easily be indentified by its different frame, below a picture of a modified 160: