ISSF-TV coverage of events at Munich

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ASA

ISSF-TV coverage of events at Munich

Post by ASA »

On this site one can find coverage of the activites taking place in Munich - for example the final 50m prone man.

http://www.issf-sports.org/tvplayer.aspx

Post by Guest »

Good to see top shooters go past 5-7 seconds hold by a lot.
Couldn't have asked for better teaching aid than watching the long version 10m air pistol final.
Highly recommended.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:Good to see top shooters go past 5-7 seconds hold by a lot.
Are those the ones who are training for several hours every day?
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

David Levene wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Good to see top shooters go past 5-7 seconds hold by a lot.
Are those the ones who are training for several hours every day?
Very good point David, and whilst it may look like they have a very long hold, it can be deceptive. I was sat next to the Russian coach of Cheviakovsky <sp?> who finished 4th in the mens AP final. I was therefore able to watch him in some detail (whilst obviously also watching my own shooter, who was shooting next to him). Yes he did appear to hold for longer periods of time, but more often than not, his longest holds coincided with a poor shot.

The point being that you need to shoot within the optimum period of your own hold, not someone elses. By careful training and detailed observation, you can find out what works best but don't expect to have a brilliant hold for 10,12 seconds etc if you have not spend hours a day training for it.

Rob.