System Gemini ACTIV-Flex Sling

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

talladega

System Gemini ACTIV-Flex Sling

Post by talladega »

Does anyone here use or know someone that uses the System Gemini ACTIV-Flex Sling?

I just started shooting ISSF smallbore last week and I am looking at getting a sling and have been thinking about this one because I have rather short arms. The sling I am using now is an old leather sling and in prone it works OK and my scores are decent (~192avg) but when I go to kneeling the sling it way too long and my scores are very poor (~180-185avg). The sling I have is currently set as short as possible.

Thanks
bugman551

gemini sling

Post by bugman551 »

I used one for about 3 months. Did not like the fact it was not easy to adjust like the others.Also, the wire instead of a strap dug into my wrist.I have found recently the Centra no pulse startline sling is very good. A little on the high price side but you are actually getting 2 slings.

Post by Guest »

The HPS is very good. You can alter the wrist part to keep the wire AWAY from your wrist. Its simple to do.

Post by Guest »

I used an Aktiv-Flex sling for about two years (2006-8), prone only. The sling was sturdy and well made. I found the sling easy to adjust for length, however it did take me a few range sessions to get the front strap comfortable, so the bolts that secure the wire section didn't did into my wrist.

I would only recommend the sling if you need the wire section to give legal sling rifle clearance; i.e. that a conventional 40mm strap constantly touches the triggerguard or stock no matter what you do. I think that if you just want a short sling there are cheaper slings that will work just as well, and with less fuss.

I eventually swapped the sling for a conventional synthetic job, after a coaching session raised my position and reduced my cant enough that I didn't need the wire section for clearance.