Hammerli Xesse

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sbtzc

Hammerli Xesse

Post by sbtzc »

I called Brenzovich http://www.brenzovich.com/ as they were listed as an importer for Walther/Hammerli. The gentleman told me that they had discontinued their relationship about six years ago. He said Walther had transferred all Hammerli manufacturing to China.

Can anyone confirm this?

What about Walther?
Let's take a different approach. Hammerli Xesse - pros and cons. Is this a good gun or not?
Last edited by sbtzc on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Umarex, which owns Walther and Hammerli, has been marketing a lot of cheap Chinese stuff under the Hammerli name. As I understand it, the high-end stuff is still made in Germany.
sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

Would the cheap stuff include the Xesse?
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

Call champion choice or Larrys. They will give you the scoop.
Misny

Post by Misny »

It is the same as the Trailside. A few shooters in my club have Hammerli Trailsides. They have had very good results with them. They hold up as well. The only thing I recall any of them replacing is the slide release. James Henderson set a record shooting one of Larry Carter's Trailsides a few years ago at Camp Perry.
sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

Deanna at Larry's tells me that the Xesse is made and assembled in Germany. I can't say what Brenzovich's been smoking.

There is a standard and a sport model. The upgrades to the sport model include a better rear sight, a front sight that rotates for three different widths and an upgraded grip. Larry's offers a trigger job that includes a aluminum trigger set at 2 lbs.

The Trailsides I have seen have a plastic, ergonomic shaped grip. I suspect a grip upgrade would be needed. So, $1015 (gun) plus $95 for the trigger kit plus $?? install plus $200+ grip... renders the Xesse not an inexpensive option.

So I pose the question; is it worth it?
jipe

Post by jipe »

sbtzc wrote:The Trailsides I have seen have a plastic, ergonomic shaped grip. I suspect a grip upgrade would be needed. So, $1015 (gun) plus $95 for the trigger kit plus $?? install plus $200+ grip... renders the Xesse not an inexpensive option.

So I pose the question; is it worth it?
The total price comes close to the price of a Hammerli SP20 RRS that is anyway much better than an Xesse !