What do you wear under your shjooting pants??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

scott75

What do you wear under your shjooting pants??

Post by scott75 »

Hi all,

Just a quick question to see what you all wear under your shooting pants. whether it be for air rifle or 3p. I am just getting set up now and would like to know what is being used under shooting pants so I can make a decission as to what I wear under mine, so I can get measured up for my pants to ensure a good fit.

Cheers Scott

Happy Shooting!
ZD

Legalities

Post by ZD »

Legally, you can wear athletic wear (nylon pants, nylon shorts, spandex), pajams, or sweatpants under your shooting pants. The phrase "no street clothes" applies to the rules of what you can wear under your pants. These items are clothes such as jeans, non athletic shorts, army BDU's, and carharts. Most athletes wear spandex (usualy the under armor brand) for both their top and bottom. Spandex offers support for your muscles, isn't too hot, and soaks up sweat. Personally, I wear an underarmor bottoom, a nike spandex top, and an old non-hooded sweatshirt. Bike spandex has also been recommended, but it is very expensive and often comes in shorts.
Bowman26

Post by Bowman26 »

It has been so hot outside lately I was threatening to start wearing only my Anschutz Shooting Thong to our silhouette matches but they deemed it illegal attire for some reason. ;)
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

In Europe, the weather is very different in Winter (the 10m season) and the spring and summer (50 and 300 m season).
But I wear the same special shooting underwear from Karin Lassen buyed in German shop http://www.shootingequipment.de/index.php thes sell the 2 parts up and down for 113 €.
I must said that i have jacket and pant special standing for the 10m and an other jacket and pant for the 50 and 300m.
It's a very good product like a second skin.
Regards from France
Gerhard the left hander
Quest1

UnderArmour

Post by Quest1 »

Bowman26 wrote:It has been so hot outside lately I was threatening to start wearing only my Anschutz Shooting Thong to our silhouette matches but they deemed it illegal attire for some reason. ;)
Try the Under Armour Heatgear, my club has been using it for years and it has been a great deal of help to us.
henry1

Post by henry1 »

i like the underarmor heat gear legging for they are great for wearing under the pants for matchs along with compression socks also ..
weilers

Post by weilers »

Adidas and Nike both make tights that might work for you. If you check out either the Adistar or Supernova line (Adidas), that might work in this heat. They use a proprietary fabric that vents and still retains that much needed modesty.

If you have trouble finding some, try Ebay. They're usually on there for anywhere from 20% to 60% off, NWT.

Wishing you the best, with all modesty.
Hip's Ax

Post by Hip's Ax »

Blue jeans for NRA rules and sweatpants for International rules. I use my Sauer shooting sweater up top over my usual tee shirt for both.
"Where the heck did that 8 come from?!"
SocorranThunder

Underarmour

Post by SocorranThunder »

I bought a pair of tight black underarmour coldgear pants in the spring when it was still cold, but they work just as well in the summer. I'm looking at getting another pair, maybe heatgear.

One thing a coach did point out to me is that if you buy black, you'll be hotter in the summer so you might look at a different color pant.

Underarmour or even some brands of long underwear are good.
frog5215

Post by frog5215 »

Black is only hotter if it's the exterior garment. As an interior garment, it can't absorb photons it doesn't see. And, in fact, black radiates heat better.
SocorranThunder

Post by SocorranThunder »

frog5215 wrote:Black is only hotter if it's the exterior garment. As an interior garment, it can't absorb photons it doesn't see. And, in fact, black radiates heat better.
That's true. I forgot to mention that since I wear mine as an outer layer in prone sometimes, and then put in my canvas shooting pants once I get to standing.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know if it helps, but I noticed when the girls were changing on the line that they wore panties. YMMV.

Post by Guest »

most of the under armour type gear I have seen alwas has a slick finish. I had a shooting coach tell me never to wear anything that is slick, even if it is under your sweater, because it cause things to move and that is that last think you want.
I am a fan of the high tech wicking stuff out there. Does under armour or anyone else make some sort of a base layer that helps keep you dry but does not have a slick outer finish and does anyone have thoughts on the advice I have received.

The additional advice was a long sleeved T shirt that fits way too small followed by a sweater that is way too small followed by a proper fitting coat.
SocorroanThunder

Post by SocorroanThunder »

I had another shooter tell me that just last week- don't wear slick things that will slip around inside your jacket. My underarmour pants aren't actually very slick, but my underarmour top definitely is. I'm looking for new spandex/underarmour to shoot in, so if I find any good brands that wick without being slick, I'll post that here.

That shirt can really be a pain in standing when I try to put my elbow on my hip and it slips off.