What is the difference between Anschutz 14xx, 18xx, 19xx

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

none

What is the difference between Anschutz 14xx, 18xx, 19xx

Post by none »

I've been doing lots of searches and have found some information but nothing real clear. What is the differences between the 14, 18, 19, and 20 series of rifles?
Once this is established can someone give me further information between say a 1811, 1813, 1807 and rifles I see for sale that are just advertised as a 54 or 64 match (I believe I have determined that the 1811 is a prone and the 1813 is a 3P but not sure what you would the 1807 is considered)?
As far as the 2007 and 2013 precise rifles go, what are the differences and are they mainly manufactured for 3P or prone shooting?
I'm obviously new to the sport and have been looking at used internet rifles but need help trying to figure it all out.
ZD

Reply to types

Post by ZD »

All the actions from Anschutz (except Biathalon and the 1903 Rifle) are 54 actions. The 1903 is a Junior gun, and is the 4 action. Is great for a beginner or intermediate shooter, but I believe it is not as accurate as the 54 series. The 14 series dates to I believe the 70's, and is identified by the older, straighter bolt handle. You are correct that the 1811 is a prone rifle. A member on my team has an 1810, which is a 3 position rifle and is sort of the evolution between the 14 series and the 18 series. The 1807 and the 1813 are essentially the same barreled action, except that the 1813 has a barrel 3 centimeters longer, and it is slightly thicker and heavier (not necessarily meaning it is more accurate). You can identify the difference by looking at where the barrel is pinned down; if it is coned shape, it is an 1807 (it will also say on the barrel). Personally, I have shot an 1807, and than had to buy a 1907 when it broke for some reason. Both barreled actions fell identical, and essentially the only difference I have found between the 18 and 19 series is the fact that the 18 series has a sight block for the front sight, while a 19 series has a grooved barrel. The 1913 is often reffered to as the "Supermatch," and is larger barreled action of the 19 series.
The 20 series is also a 54 action as well, however the barrel is held in place by four pins, and can be unscrewed from the reciever (someone can give a better explanation of this). In essence, the barrels on a 20 series can be easily swapped out. The 2013 is the larger cousin of the 2007/660 action. However, it costs 500 dollars more than the 19 series. If you are debating between a 19 and 20 series, there is a recent target talk post between the advantages and disadvantages of each, and which one is "better." Finally, all round action 54's (14,18 and 19 series) are compatible with the same stock. The 20 series is not. Also, the title "precise" reffering to the 20 series is talking about the newer milled aluminum stocks from Anschutz, which are also made for the 19 series.
And to answer your last question, these actions are designed for 3 position.
none

Post by none »

thanks for you time. it helped a lot
ZD

Post by ZD »

Your welcome