Air Piistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
darticus

LP1 AND LP10

Post by darticus »

Glad I bought one of each. Prices will be heading up with success.
ronpistolero

steyr free pistol

Post by ronpistolero »

It's been over 24 hours......Free Pistol! Free Pistol! Free Pistol Free Pistol! Free Pistol! Free Pistol....

I'd appreciate someone making the chant and the font more stylish and colorful to make the Steyr people hear and read our clamor more clearly. :-)
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It's summer. they are in Austria, I'm sure they are on vacation.
Randy152

Post by Randy152 »

Let's see now. Steyr says that all present Olympic and World Champions use their products. Hmmm. If they want to say the same thing next year, they better hurry up and send me a new LP-10E, since I plan on being the next World Champion :-)

And there are a few others I know that aspire for the same title, so Steyr better send them LP-10E's as well, just in case I don't make it :-)

Post by Guest »

Randy-don't get drawn in by the advertising...

Steyr team - we are waiting for your response to the feedback to your original post that you were seeking.

Popeye (current LP10 owner)

PS: I'll be visiting my cousins who live down the road from your factory in the next few years so hope to drop in to check out your new free pistol...
jipe

Post by jipe »

Anonymous wrote:Steyr team - we are waiting for your response to the feedback to your original post that you were seeking.
Anybody can post as Guest under the name "STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH" !

Who believes that the original post really comes from STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH ?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, however true that may, the verdict seems clear - and somebody will probably forward it to "office@steyr-sportwaffen.com" ;-)
Philadelphia

Post by Philadelphia »

I have a Steyr air pistol and it shoots precisely where I aim it each and every time. Beyond that, what more do I need to know about it? :)
Retired

Post by Retired »

I'm sure you all recall they made a free pistol oh, say, probably 15 years ago. It was well received but wasn't able to capture a lot of market share. They discontinued it, but the used guns are floating around.

Good luck,

Retired.
lastman

Post by lastman »

The Free Pistol they tried quite a while ago now didn't seem like a real attempt to capture the market.

It was unique and from what I recall shot pretty well. But it was almost double the price of everything else on the market and didn't perform any better.

If our friends from Styer are monitoring this thread. Look into the idea of a competitively priced product (even a few hundred more than the Morini as with the AP's people will pay it) that performs as well if not slightly better than what else is around. You guys will certainly have the expertise to design such a Pistol. Pistol Shooters don't want a science experiment like the last FP you made just a top quality pistol.
STEYR Sportwaffen

STEYR

Post by STEYR Sportwaffen »

Dear friends of STEYR,

not been online for a month and quite stunned about the response!
First of all: Yes, we are World Champions again - in both men's and women's competitions, once with a STEYR LP 10, once with the STEYR LP 10 E. Nothing more to wish for, nothing more to say. We are happy.

About the Free Pistol:
We need to be realistic - the market for the Free Pistol is small and there are already good products. We are developing new products all year, on the Olympic sector as well as on the leisure sector, pistols and rifles.

And we still have many plans...
joker

Post by joker »

jipe wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Steyr team - we are waiting for your response to the feedback to your original post that you were seeking.
Anybody can post as Guest under the name "STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH" !

Who believes that the original post really comes from STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH ?

Steyr are too professional to need to advertise through a forum. This is the work of a fanboy - harmless but too phony.
STEYR Sportwaffen

Modern Times

Post by STEYR Sportwaffen »

Modern times need modern and new ways of being in contact with customers.

No, no company "needs" to publish in a forum. But some companies are interested in what their customers think of their products and therefore go and have a look. And sometimes even post some news and/or information.

Scott Pilkington is our US dealer and I believe that a forum moderated by him is a serious forum with interested and qualified shooters, that's why we are bothering to have a look from time to time.

My name is Frauke Umdasch and I am responsible for marketing at STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH. Our company is also on Facebook, publishing any news for our fans. This also is new and another way of being there for our shooters.

And yes, we are very proud of our latest success and in fact I'd love to publish it everwhere! :)
Reinhamre

Post by Reinhamre »

You are welcome but please do assist us when we have problems with our Steyr air pistols. Marketing can take many roads.....

It is moore likely to come a new Morini free pistol.
They have sold many 84E and we all like to upgrade. :-)
Kent
joker

Re: Modern Times

Post by joker »

STEYR Sportwaffen wrote:Modern times need modern and new ways of being in contact with customers.

No, no company "needs" to publish in a forum. But some companies are interested in what their customers think of their products and therefore go and have a look. And sometimes even post some news and/or information.

Scott Pilkington is our US dealer and I believe that a forum moderated by him is a serious forum with interested and qualified shooters, that's why we are bothering to have a look from time to time.

My name is Frauke Umdasch and I am responsible for marketing at STEYR Sportwaffen GmbH. Our company is also on Facebook, publishing any news for our fans. This also is new and another way of being there for our shooters.

And yes, we are very proud of our latest success and in fact I'd love to publish it everwhere! :)
As an LP2 owner/user I gave my email to Steyr to receive 'updates' - in 3 months I have had 2 - perhaps Steyr have abandoned the email method in favour of the easier Forum appearances. Good luck with the new initiatives here.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Joker Steyr has posted on this forum as has Francesco from Morini in the past so there is no need to be ignorant and rude when you have no evidence what so ever. (Even Matchguns was answering question through a third part on this site)

It's not all that surprising that they post on a forum that is dedicated to the sport for which they produce equipment, has a very large international following and is run by their largest North American dealer.

It might be interesting if there could be manufactures listed as sub-topics where question could be asked and answered. In a public forum this might be very helpful to others that have the same issues. I know this would only work if the Manufactures signed on maybe Scott could look into this.

By the way love the maintenance and repair videos.

Another very happy Steyr shooter LP-5, LP10, LP10E, and LG-10P
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Before a FP I would much prefer an entry-level, stripped down compact AP suitable for young shooters. I know that Steyr already produce a "compact" line but the cost is still prohibitively high for most youngsters or youth shooting groups (c.$1500 for an LP2 Compact).
There is a big gap in the market between low-grade plinking AP's such as Gamo or Walther Umarex and AP's suitable for ISSF shooting. True the IZH46 fills the gap in terms of cost and quality, but scores low in terms of availability, support and suitability for young shooters because of its weight. Something like the Rohm Twinmaster with a more conventional loading system and bits that don't fall off priced at around c.500 Euro. Perhaps include the ability to add weights to make it suitable for older shooters as well. The Twinmaster is made in Germany and costs less than 500 Euro so it should be possible. I'm sure that lower profit margins could be balanced with higher sales (as well as higher sales of top-end match-grade pistols as shooters "graduate").
I don't know whether Steyr could (or would be interested) in producing such a pistol but if ISSF pistol shooting is going to survive and prosper we really need such a gun.