prone help!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

Thanks guys. i will have to try putting my left elbow farther to the left. it just feels very wierd.
matt
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Matt,

Try getting into position without the jacket or rifle. Try your current position and see if it feels stable. Then try moving your left elbow about 2" left, and see if it is more stable.

The jacket can mask problems, and the rifle set-up can force you into old positions (habits).

Going back to basics, and building a stable, comfortable position without the equipment should help. Then add just the jacket and try the position.

Finally, loosen all adjustments on the rifle and get into the new position, and have someone set the adjustments to the new position.
Mesa

Prone help

Post by Mesa »

Matt, you have a good coach, I stongly suggest you pose this problem to him and let him help. He can give you hands on help. That is what he is there for. Besides I will rat you out. Mesa
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

hey Phil I try to get help from all sources. And anyway this saturday we will be building a new position for that new Stopper stock. Getting ready to go to perry. My position is stable it just is uncomfortable and under ISSF rule 7.5.1.1.11 it is illegal at sometimes. But i will consult him on all aspects of my position. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
matt