ok my mom's going to kill me, i just got a LP10E ..

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
compscotty

ok my mom's going to kill me, i just got a LP10E ..

Post by compscotty »

I just received a Steyr LP10E sn#60664. I am a novice shooter and i thought since i'm serious about this i would just get the best and practice with this. I love the trigger and boy can this thing shoot! But I have a few questions.

(1) is there anything i need to do specifically to care for my lp10e ?

(2) What bad shooting habits should i avoid and how can i find out the proper way to shoot this?

(3) Will training for the 10m AP will that help me transition to the 50m Free?

scott
las vegas, nv
Oz

Post by Oz »

Put the LP10e back into it's case, on a shelf. Go pick up an IZH46 and shoot that for a few months. Break 500 and then pull out your LP10e. ONLY THEN will you truly appreciate the pistol completely ;-)

Seriously now;

1) Don't store the LP10e with the lever all the down, let it stay popped open as in the dry-fire position. This keeps the seal from staying compressed.

Generally, it's agreed that you can leave the air cylinder attached unless it's going to be more than a month or so.

That's about it. AP is wonderfully low maintenance.

2) Get a coach, you need some formal basics!

3) AP is the lowest common denominator. It's the absolute perfect compliment to FP.

Oz
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

Treat the LP10E with care and when you are able to achieve full control of your various minor different muscular tensions, then you will see how the LP10E responds by putting the shot time after time exactly where the muzzle was pointing at the time of the precise shot release.
Conversely, the LP10E will respond to poor trigger control/release and inconsistent muscular tension and will reward you with shot positions that are a true reflection of this complex and variable combination.
If you create the perfect shot release, then the LP10E will oblige and you will not be disappointed with the result.
Have fun, enjoy your shooting and spend plenty of time perfecting your muscular control and trigger release.

Post by Guest »

don't put any lubricant in to your trigger.

don't open grip unless you read manual first and figure it our where this cable location.

If you make grip adjustments make sure bold doesn't make any pressure to any cable inside griff.
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Make a "C" section spacer and place it between the frame and the cylinder when the gun is not in use. This will prevent the o ring being in continual compression if the cylinder is left in the tightened position, and prevents thread damage if it is left loosened.
Every so often smear a little silicone grease on the geeen o ring exposed when the slide is open, and on the one where the cylinder attaches. There is nothing else left, other than to enjoy a fine piece of engineering excellence.

A Great Start

Post by Guest »

You have got the best, and we are all envious!

As far as precision shooting is concerned, and considering the best form of practice, you are onto it, and the option of free pistol is a worthy additional interest. Free pistols and Match air pistols are at the cutting edge of precision shooting.

If most of my fellow club members had your approach to target shooting we would be the most competitive club around!

from another Steyr shooter, but with the old style mechanical trigger...