Walther CPM-1 cleaning/lubrication procedure??

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
THREEDFLYER

Walther CPM-1 cleaning/lubrication procedure??

Post by THREEDFLYER »

Recently aquired a gorgeous condition CMP-1 Co2 pistol.

The manual is OK, but contains zero information on cleaning and lubrication.

Anyone out there have documentation or can share the proper method would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom
Luftskytter-

Post by Luftskytter- »

I've got one of those, but hvaen't shot it much lately.
A club buddy uses his a couple of times a week; never seen him clean it.
Quite common that: shoot a couple of cleaning pellets every now and then, or join the "should I clean the barrel?" discussion. One argument is that barrels stabilize with a slight lead deposit for consistent shooting, and oyu need some shots to reestablish this after cleaning. Keep outer surfaces and moving parts very slightly "fat" by wiping with an oily cloth to keep clean and prevent rust and moisture. You'll find quite a bit of such non-gun-specific general advice on the forum.
I believe you should keep an eye on the O-rings and keep the CO2-cylinder threads clean. Maybe Q-tips or an old toothbrush if there's any deposit anywhere. Silicone grease seems to be among the safest lubricants for these connection things. CO2 requires special O-rings. Some folks oil the walnut grips, so far I've just left them as is.
Hope you'll get some more advice; you're NOT in a hurry to do anything about these t hings for quite a while yet.
It's a nice gun by the way :-)
THREEDFLYER

Cleaning

Post by THREEDFLYER »

Thank you for the post and the info.
I am thinking that if there are NO cleaning/lubrication instructions give, that it must not be an issue of great concern. I know you have to be VERY careful with seals, etc and that solvents would most likely do damage.

Say, if you ever decide to sell your CPM-1, keep me in mind....I am looking for a second one!

Tom