removing front sight/muzzle weight on CM84E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
DanielSwe

removing front sight/muzzle weight on CM84E

Post by DanielSwe »

Hi!

First post on this eminent forum! Been reading lots here since I decided to buy my morini..

Now to my question; the blow-out compensator from Interprodukter came in the package, so was gonna try it out. Problem is, the frontsight holder/muzzle weight hangs on like a tick on steroids! Any advice on how to get it off?

/Daniel
scerir

Re: removing front sight/muzzle weight on CM84E

Post by scerir »

Maybe I don't understand the question but ... remove first that Allen screw!
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

thought about typing that down too, should've done it.. Allens right out of the hole, no problems there. The front weight on the other hand.. By heating it, I get it to move about a millimeter sideways, but other than that, it sticks to the barrel like crazy.
Any idea to get it off?
THREEDFLYER

Weight?

Post by THREEDFLYER »

I am thinking you have some serious lead build up going on there.
I just aquired a CM84E recently that had not been cleaned properly and had a similar issue.

Try soaking the area in a solvent that works on lead.....I used Shooters Choice and was able to gradually get the part off.

I had to head up the area around the allen screw in order to get it to break loose!

Be sure to clean that lead out before you install it again!

Tom
DanielSwe

Post by DanielSwe »

Haven't done anything yet on the front weight, but had my first match (apart from a club championship with borrowed gun) yesterday.

A district championship (I think it translates to that), but surprisingly with very few contestants despite fine weather. Only 6 ppl showed up..
Had only 150 rounds thru the gun prior to the match, but went great I think. Despite two evil sixes I got 537, and silver placing, two points after the gold..