air rifle in southern california

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

D A Higgins

air rifle in southern california

Post by D A Higgins »

Hi, does anybody know of any air rifle programs in southern california? between LA and San Diego is best. anything about camps and training this summer would be greatly appreciated.

David Higgins
Mesa

LAR&R

Post by Mesa »

Try the LAR&R website its a nice club in South El Monte, near the 605/60 freeways. They hold State and regional small bore matches, Prone, 3P. and are working on F class 22"s Only single shot 22's shooting standard velocity ammo is allowed, It is a dedicated small bore range, There is a junior program available.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

theydont have air rifle matches there but they do have a part of the range that you can shoot air rifles at.
matt
henry1

Post by henry1 »

call around in the area to see if anything is happening ..there used to be a air rifle club down in L.A area ..but i do not know if they are still aound in the area ..
joel

Post by joel »

Thanks for that information. I now live in San Diego and have no dedicated small bore ranges in the area. I'll have to check it out one of these days.

Joel
Chris Cawthorne

Phoenix German American Club

Post by Chris Cawthorne »

When I was a smallbore shooter in So. Cal. in the 1970's I used to shoot air rifle matches at the Phoenix German American Club in Anaheim as a warm-up for competitions. It was a fun environment to shoot as guests could come and shot their matches. I looked on their website and they still have an air gun program there. You might want to check them out.
dave hughes

can't find it - help please

Post by dave hughes »

http://www.thephoenixclub.com/

I wasn't able to find the air gun facility on their website.
Chris Cawthorne

Phoenix Club

Post by Chris Cawthorne »

Look on the group activites tab on the right hand side of the home page. I would also suggest you call them to get more details.