Anti-reflective coating for glasses

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

little_doodie

Anti-reflective coating for glasses

Post by little_doodie »

I am thinking of getting lenses and anti reflective seemed like the best options. Our host sells them but I didn't know if knobloch sells AR lenses or if they are coated? Also can uncoated lenses be coated?
vin

From Mary the optician...

Post by vin »

I highly recommend anti reflective coating for both sides of your shooting lens. Ask for multi layer hydrophobic and oleophobic anti reflective coating.

The lens material CR-39 has great clarity and is available at any optical shop. Any shop can cut the lens to fit your loupe. Be aware that CR-39 should be 3mm thick to be considered a safety lens but I recommend 4mm. As far as I know the major suppliers of competition shooting glasses do not use the lens for safety.

Polycarbonate is tougher but the optical clarity is horrible. Some shooters complain that it makes their eyes tired.

The Octopus