Pistol Shooting As A Sport by Hans Standl

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
vin

Pistol Shooting As A Sport by Hans Standl

Post by vin »

I like the book very much.

I just read it in one sitting and the Rika showed an improvement in my trigger control: I move the trigger strait back to my aiming eye and I pretend that the projectile is moving slowly.

His method of trigger progression to get the shot to break as the sight pictures steadies seems impossible to me- I don't see a direct progression of steadiness...

Vin
2650 Plus

Hollding

Post by 2650 Plus »

Vin, in an earlier post I understood that you were concerned about excess movement and having problems with trigger control because of it. I believe the information in the book you were reading is not only correct but that you must preservier , Develope a smooth steadily increasing pressure on the trigger that starts before you settle into the aiming area and just let the pestol fire when it wants to fire. Dont try to control the moment try to perfect sight allignment instead. The steady hold will come with practice so dont be concerned about it until the trigger is mastered. Dry firing against a blank wall may also help but eventually you will need to work on decreasing the movement of the pistol, just not yet. Good Shooting Bill Horton

Post by Guest »

What I found out is that I need to train for a properly locked wrist if I want my scores to move upwards. Somehow, I was trying to control de sight alignment with the pressure of the fingers. Which, actually, wasn't that bad for the slow series but it was almost impossible to keep track of the front sight on the 3" / 10" series. Apparently, a locked wrist wasn't a natural body movement to me so I had to learn it from scratch. Hope this is of help to you.
vin

I'll try...

Post by vin »

It's just so disharting for me to do the trigger progression method. It feels like I'm spraying pellets... but I will try it. I do like blank wall practice and it does seem to help.

Thanks!
Vin