Best type/source competition clothes for youth 10 meter air

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

topper12

Best type/source competition clothes for youth 10 meter air

Post by topper12 »

We have a club with a membership of 30 youth.Some are getting to a high enough level to be able to compete.We have some decent rifles but as yet no jackets or suits.Other clubs have ordered some from Germany at tremendous cost and have yet to receive them.
I would like to be able to talk to a coach or manager who has some experience outfitting teams of 5 to 10 shooters.Where I'm in Canada the biggest future event will be the Canada games in a year from now.The youth age from 13 to 18.Thanks. Don
cmj

Post by cmj »

Might give Monard USA a try. always helpful
http://www.monard.biz/
will4h

shooting gear

Post by will4h »

I have a new set that my son no longer needs. Coat,pants,boots and glove Pm me or email me at will.collins@phoenixtank.com
Soupy44

Post by Soupy44 »

The Champion's Choice brand coat and pants ft kids well. Some of your 13 year olds might be a tad small, but they'll grow into them. The coats are $140 and the pants $125.
Quest1

Clothing

Post by Quest1 »

Mondard has the best selection of shooting cloths for juniors. Champion's Choice cloths in my opinion just don't provide the same support and I find the Mondard to be superior in quality to the Champion's Choice cloths for the same or lesser price. The used to have club prices on their junior cloths.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Champion Shooter Supply. They usually have a good supply of used coats and pants. And if you buy from them they have a good trade in policy as a kid grows.

The way kids grow and change their interests it doesn't make sense to buy new stuff they can't wear next month or lose interest in shooting. Unless a kid is a world class shooter it doesn't make sense to buy a $600 leather coat.

http://www.championshooters.com/

Post by Guest »

gwsb wrote:Champion Shooter Supply. They usually have a good supply of used coats and pants. And if you buy from them they have a good trade in policy as a kid grows.

The way kids grow and change their interests it doesn't make sense to buy new stuff they can't wear next month or lose interest in shooting. Unless a kid is a world class shooter it doesn't make sense to buy a $600 leather coat.

http://www.championshooters.com/
The used coats and pants that Champion Shooter's have are hardly junior sizes except for maybe the 38. The new Mondard Junior Coats and pants are $160 for the coat and $140 for the pants, which are close to what you would be paying for the used clothing made in the same far east plants the Champion's Choice cloths are made. They have some of the older Junior I cloths left for $120. As I said previously mentioned, Mondard is one of the few dealers that makes cloths that can actually fit a junior at about the same price the lesser quality cloths of their competitors. The club has bought shooting cloths from both Champion's Choice and Shooter's and Mondard. The Mondard has shown to be the best buy for support, durability, and price.

If you want to save money just get the coat for know and wait and see how serious the kid is before you get anything else. The coat is probably the most important first piece of clothing to get anyway.
peakconti1

Post by peakconti1 »

I had to outfit both my son and daughter, I did both through champions, they had a used jacket for my son, and he is very small, then I purchased a new junior jacket for my daughter. The Jacket was very well made and I think it was only like $75. I did not want to invest in shooting pants just yet, so as a cheep alternative, I took an old pair of swet pants and sowed a non slip rug keeper on the knees,just to give a little bit of traction on the knees.
kristinedrake

Post by kristinedrake »

I have a new set that my son no longer needs. Coat,pants,boots and glove Pm me or email me at will.collins@phoenixtank.com
Do you still have it?
will4h

Post by will4h »

Yes I still have the set if your intersed.