What brands of standard/free pistols are used in world cup?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
compscotty

What brands of standard/free pistols are used in world cup?

Post by compscotty »

What is the most common brand/model of gun used in standard and free competition at the international level?

i know in air competitions it's Steyr LP10...

the reason why i ask is that i'm shopping around for my 1st gun..

Post by Guest »

Hey...

I really do not know which brands are used nowdays...

But from my experience, all modern competition pistols shot from a bench, group 5 shot into one hole at 25m. So, you should try several, and then decide which one is for you. Some are more forgiving, others are not.

In my case, I considered the mechanics as the most important aspect. I tried several brands, and must admit I shoot 550s with whichever i get... So, I went for Walther GSP, since IMHO, it has the best mechanics. It lasts forever and shoots flawlessly every time. If you have a chance, get Hammerli 280, or Walther GSP. FAS is no longer in production, but it is really good too.

As for air pistols, Steyr and Feinwerkbau, is the way to go for high competition. IZH is also very good, but thats only if you are into your first years, and do not want to spend 2K in a PCP pistol
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Most common Free pistols are Morini CM84E and TOZ35.
Not sure about Standard pistols, Pardinis certainly dominate Rapid Fire.
While the Walther GSP and the Hammerli 280 are great guns, they are of the previous generation.
Newer guns have much better ergonomics and recoil management.
Compared to the GSP, shooting the Walther SSP is like shooting an air pistol.