free pistol compensator

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ken4all

Post by ken4all »

Ron,

What is the diameter of the hole (where the bullert pases) you're using?

Thanks,
K.
ronpistolero

Compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

Hi Ken,

I had to bring a caliper with me to the range to measure the diameter. It's 6.14mm and the length of the hole (thickness of the wall) is about 3.7mm. I couldn't measure accurately because of some lead building up inside.

regards,

Ron
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Ron,
I'm ready to build a comp for my Hammerli 162 and just noticed the aluminum comp you made has one open chamber and the plastic one has two chambers closed down to near bullet diameter.

Do you find the multi chamber more effective than the single chamber?

Do you notice the open chamber allowing gas past the bullet before exiting the comp and adversely affecting accuracy? I can imagine the gas bouncing back from the chamber exit area.

Thanks!
Ben

Anonymous wrote:HI,

As promised, here are some pics of the plastic comp I made for my Hammerli 107. I would truly appreciate any suggestions to improve its recoil damping function.

The following are photos of the one I had made of T6 aluminum for the Hammerli 150. This one weighs in at about 30 grams (?). It has made the jump near zero which is what I want to achieve with the plastic. As mentioned earlier, I cannot afford to put in more muzzle weight on my gun.

Best regards,

Ron
Last edited by Freepistol on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

Hello Ben,

The plastic compensator, with its double chamber was more effective. The 107's barrel being way above the web compared to the 150 (where the aluminum comp was for) the muzzle rise was more controlled. The reason for this is the seal formed through the ends of each chamber. So, effectively, 2 chambers performed better than 1 big chamber. Also, I bench rested these two and had 5 shot groups of about 1" inch using locally produced, very cheap ammo. The chambers' holes are slightly over 6mm in diameter to minimize gas escape and maximize gas direction upwards.

If our machine didn't get flooded during the infamous Typhoon "Ondoy" here in the Philippines, I would have toyed around with a double chambered aluminum comp. Will email you the comp I am currently using for the 160 if you want. My daughter was the one who put the image up and I still don't know how.

Best regards,

Ron[/img]
Freepistol

Re: compensator

Post by Freepistol »

ronpistolero wrote:Hello Ben,

The plastic compensator, with its double chamber was more effective. The 107's barrel being way above the web compared to the 150 (where the aluminum comp was for) the muzzle rise was more controlled. The reason for this is the seal formed through the ends of each chamber. So, effectively, 2 chambers performed better than 1 big chamber. Also, I bench rested these two and had 5 shot groups of about 1" inch using locally produced, very cheap ammo. The chambers' holes are slightly over 6mm in diameter to minimize gas escape and maximize gas direction upwards.

If our machine didn't get flooded during the infamous Typhoon "Ondoy" here in the Philippines, I would have toyed around with a double chambered aluminum comp. Will email you the comp I am currently using for the 160 if you want. My daughter was the one who put the image up and I still don't know how.

Best regards,

Ron[/img]
Please, Ron, email the pictures of your 160 comp. I was thinking of going with multiple chambers and I now have two confirmations that is the best choice. I am going to my bench rest friend's shop tomorrow to see what we can figure out. I'm not happy to have deal with that "plastic" sleeve where the sight mounts.

I'm sorry to hear about the flooding of your machines. I hope you are recovering.

Kindest Regards,
Ben
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Ron, very nice the aluminium one!
Please, what is outside diameter of the compensator, and what size are the hole in the top?
I'm planning a similar one for my toz (with non removable sight), and i'm asking how to fasten secure to the barrel, without using a big diameter to have enough space to screw in a M3 screw.
And what plastic did you use for the first one? How did you fix to the barrel?
Thanks,
LukeP.
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

Hello Luke,

The compensators are no longer with me as they were ordered by some friends. They were all done without any formal drawings--Filipino style! ;-) I will ask my friend to bring it and do some measuring for you. Will send you back details.

Regards

Ron
LukeP

Re: compensator

Post by LukeP »

Thank you very much Ron,
best regards,
LukeP.
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

LukeP wrote:Ron, very nice the aluminium one!
Please, what is outside diameter of the compensator, and what size are the hole in the top?
I'm planning a similar one for my toz (with non removable sight), and i'm asking how to fasten secure to the barrel, without using a big diameter to have enough space to screw in a M3 screw.
Thanks,
LukeP.
By the way, the plastic I used was polyurethane. Easily machineable and very light. The hole was a simple circle and because it was slotted to accommodate the front sight, I merely had to push it in by hand and "self-centered itself" against the gun's bore.

Ron
MG2-owner as guest

Swedish 'Blow-Out' comp for the MG5

Post by MG2-owner as guest »

I hope the 'Blow-Out' comp will become avilable for the MG5 primarily due to easier cleaning.

The 'Blow-Out' comp for the Moring M84 does not fit the MG 5 due to the difference in barrel diameter.

The MG5 design requires that the comp has the twin offset attaching screws (a MG5 speciality for perfect alignment of the front blade).
ronpistolero

compensator

Post by ronpistolero »

LukeP wrote:Ron, very nice the aluminium one!
Thanks,
LukeP.
Hi Luke,

Outside dia where the screws are that fastens the comp to the front sight is 26mm. the flattened part is 22.5mm. Wall thickness is about 2.5mm. The holes on top are about 7mm x 12mm. To me, the most effective comp design is the double chamber, next is this aluminum comp, and lastly, that of the one similar to the MG Free Pistol. I looked over the blow out comp design but coud not find its total weight. I am guessing that the main reason for it effectivity in reducing the muzzle jump is its weight. The aluminum I made is weighs just about 27.5 grams

Ron
paulo

Post by paulo »

http://www.interprodukter.se/imagepopup ... s/nyheter/

The respective weights are 112g/49g
Takkleberry

Re: pictures

Post by Takkleberry »

Guest wrote: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:49 am HI,

As promised, here are some pics of the plastic comp I made for my Hammerli 107. I would truly appreciate any suggestions to improve its recoil damping function.

The following are photos of the one I had made of T6 aluminum for the Hammerli 150. This one weighs in at about 30 grams (?). It has made the jump near zero which is what I want to achieve with the plastic. As mentioned earlier, I cannot afford to put in more muzzle weight on my gun.

Best regards,

Ron
Cant see your images. Can you repost please