how to order parts mag tubes for a MG2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
herman

how to order parts mag tubes for a MG2

Post by herman »

i have two matchguns a MG2 and a MG4
both shoot very nice and after adjusting the trigger on the MG2 i have no problem with them.

i would like to order some extra mag tubes but i have not received any reply on my mails to Matchguns

does someone knows a way to order these parts in europe

Brgds
Herman
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Any Gehmann dealer should be able to assist you. I'd say contact MG directly, but thats apparently not working. I have found them to be quite prompt in replying - perhaps make sure your email is not being caught by a spam filiter.

Who did you purchase your MG2 and MG4 from? Are they not able to assist you?

If in Canada, Cibles targets (google it) will likely have some MG2 parts in stock. We are not able to import the MG4.

Hope this helps,

Brian
Leon

Post by Leon »

"We are not able to import the MG4. "

I'm curious about this - how come you are not able to import the MG4 into Canada?
herman

Post by herman »

there is no dutch importer so i have asked a local shop to import them for me. with the MG4 i had mag tubes that were not working correct and after some emails Matchts Guns sent me some new ones that were slightly different and they work fine. so they did receive my emails but now i do not receive any reaction on my mails.

i will send Gehmann a mail and ask what they can do for me

Brgds
Herman
Grumpy

Re: how to get in tuch with the MG-company

Post by Grumpy »

herman wrote: I would like to order some extra mag tubes but i have not received any reply on my mails to Matchguns
Herman
According to some "very specific posters" in this forum the MatchGuns company is know for their promt responces to customer enquiries.

Yeah, right!

(The fact of the matter is that their customer support is virtually non-existent.)
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

Leon wrote:"We are not able to import the MG4. "

I'm curious about this - how come you are not able to import the MG4 into Canada?
Simply put, Canadian gun laws prohibit 32 calibre (and 25) handguns and only some 32s are exempted from being prohibited if they are used for target shooting and are listed. Regrettably the list of exempted pistols has not been updated for over a decade. As a result, many of the new target 32s are prohibited from imported.

Example,

Tesro TS 32
Morini CM32
MG4

Even the Pardini HPE seems to a be a grey area pistol.

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/archives/p2/20 ... 0-eng.html
herman

Post by herman »

i received an email from Mr Calzetti that i could order them directly through them so i did order some tubes for my Mg 2

i also wanted some tubes for my Mg4 but the only have the ones with a cam on the follower and not the ones with the iron pin.

my gun came with tubes with the cam on the follower that should prevent turning of the follower. but they did turn causing the gun to not proper load the last round. this was not pushed out of the tube and so jammed the hole system. Matchguns replaced these mags directly after and email so no problem there, but the new ones had an iron pin to prefent the follower to turn.

does someone here know about this problem with the followers with the plastic cam or was where my magazines just a production fault.
i am not very keen to order new tubes that have the same turning follower like the ones that came with the gun.

Brgds
Herlman