Cleaning Rifle

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ZD

Dirty Rifle

Post by ZD »

The picture shown of the Eley Green box labeled "Sport" is the same thing as Eley target to my knowledge. However, this is not the case for the U.S, as the Eley sport we can get is the mexican stuff, and the eley stuff equivalent of the greenbox is Eley target, a yellow box for us.
talladega

Post by talladega »

I ended up buying some this and this. So far it has worked really good. Spent an afternoon/evening taking apart the gun and cleaning it. The next day I shot a match (140 shots + sighters) and the bolt worked smoothly the whole time and after the match I looked down the barrel and it looked extremely clean still.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

For general cleaning after a shooting session we use a .22 cal boresnake and the Liquid Wrench Dry Lubricant.

Drop the string thru the bore and spray a liberal amount to soak the snake brefore and after the brush. Very good at cleaning out the bore and does a very good job at the chamber as well

If we lived in real damp environment I'd run a lightly oiled patch thru the bore ... normally we do only this when we take a break of a few weeks or so.

Once every 1000 or so we'll tear the bold down, clean spray w/ drylube, then grease the bearing areas lightly.

We also shoot a lot of STD Plus, but when we shoot a lot of Eley (Black & Red) the bloop tubes are just coated with garbage. 10ga shotgun brushes clean that out