pulling trigger hard during dry fire hurt trigger?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
miacdc

pulling trigger hard during dry fire hurt trigger?

Post by miacdc »

One of my dry fire practice on my LP10 is pulling trigger hard while maintaining sight alignment.

Is there a cautionary force I should apply while doing this? Would pulling trigger VERY HARD hurt the trigger mechanism on LP10?
mapletune

Post by mapletune »

I'm not exactly a pistol shooter but... I don't think pulling hard on the trigger is good practice =/

You can refer to this thread about dry firing.

The general consensus from fellow board members is to dry fire as you do with live fire.
2650 Plus

Post Subject

Post by 2650 Plus »

I am in complete agrement with Mapletune.Dry firing should be performed exactly as you fire a live round. The same rythm and the same intensity of concentration as if you were in a competition. The only caveate is when you are making a change in technique and are practing the change. Good Shooting Bill Horton
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

When you say pulling trigger hard, do you mean you are dry firing and just pressing into overload?

For example, the trigger breaks at say 550g and you continue pressing through to say 750g then release.

This is Ok and won't damage anything as the trigger should be set so that after the shot break or click, it will hit the trigger stop.

If you are just holding pistol and belting the trigger to see if the sights move then you are doing the pistol harm and not doing yourself any favours either.

No need to reinvent the wheel, lots of discussions on dry fire. The main thing is to simulate live fire (without the recoil).

Don't forget we are not trying to launch the space shuttle, just hold a pistol at a target and press without disturbing the sights.
amidstCD

Re: pulling trigger hard during dry fire hurt trigger?

Post by amidstCD »

miacdc wrote:One of my dry fire practice on my LP10 is pulling trigger hard while maintaining sight alignment.

Is there a cautionary force I should apply while doing this? Would pulling trigger VERY HARD hurt the trigger mechanism on LP10?
Intriguing to read I am not the only one to pull very hard during dry fire practice.
And then, I pull very hard and very fast (with my LP50), to simulate real life firing of my military sidearm.

My LP50 is still going strong (for now).