Scatt and Windows 7 64Bit?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Cones

Scatt and Windows 7 64Bit?

Post by Cones »

Hi,

I see there are some new drivers (25 March 2010) listed on the Scatt website here :- http://www.scatt.com/support.htm

Does anyone know if they work with 64 bit Windows 7 please?

I am thinking of getting a Laptop and it would be handy to know in advance.

Many Thanks

Mark
talladega

Post by talladega »

if there are problems in Win7 64bit, there is a compatibility mode within Win7 which will very often allow programs to run if they normally wouldn't.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I was able to install the 64 bit drivers on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I have not tried running the hardware yet, but it appears that they installed correctly.

Marcus
cmj

Post by cmj »

It works on a 64 bit Vista computer, so probably ok on Windows 7 as it works on 32 bit Windows 7
Cones

Post by Cones »

Many thanks for the replies.

It looks like it should be O.K. then.

I asked Scatt directly and they sent me the link to the new drivers without actually saying if they would work or not. But I tend to think they should now after the other replies.

Thanks

Mark
Cones

Post by Cones »

Tried it today and it works perfectly on my Dell Windows 7 64bit machine with the new drivers.

I think I am going to use it on an old XP PC though, just as it is easier to set up with the old PC without the need for longer cables or a laptop.

Thanks

Mark
joecon

Post by joecon »

Hi. I got new laptop with Win7 64bit installed in Feb this year, inquired from SCATT as regards driver support- was told (3 March) that 'The new program for *64Bit *will be ready in the spring 2010'.
I've tried activating the new 'with Windows 32 / 64 bit support' 207 drivers dated 25th March, but connection of sensor & target still comes up with driver fail!
Has anyone successfully used SCATT with Windows7 64bit?
Joe.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

joecon wrote:Has anyone successfully used SCATT with Windows7 64bit?
See the post above yours.
joecon

Post by joecon »

D'oh! missed that line.
Tried it again; still not working.
Mark, when you installed did you get any confirmation of successful install? I just get 5 lines of 'Installing - - -...' last line is 'Installing USB trigger sensor driver...' but no text as to success of operation.
Joe.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Hi Joe,

I cannot remember exacty what it said now. But I do remember it going through each driver in turn as it installed.

Did you unzip the driver folder first before installing?

I think the first time a tried I did not no this and it would not work correctly.

Mark
joecon

Post by joecon »

Mark, that was it. The files must be unzipped.
Running the install from the unzipped files gave different text i.e.

Installing SCATT universal driver...
Running 64bit installer...
Success.

First connection of target & sensor Win7 gave drivers failed to load error. I had to use the uninstall option on the new driver installer then re install.
I've now got to point of Verifying the hardware key, so seems like it will work when I find my key.
Thanks for that.
Joe.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Great, I am pleased you got it sorted.

Mark
Heman

Post by Heman »

I downloaded the drivers and when I went to install it said files were missing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Have 5.74 software installed but won't recognize the sensors.
Cones

Post by Cones »

Heman wrote:I downloaded the drivers and when I went to install it said files were missing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Have 5.74 software installed but won't recognize the sensors.
Hi,

Have you tried what is suggested above? Make sure you unzip them to a new folder first and then install from there.

I had the same problem as you before I did that.

HTH

Mark