Nice Win @ Home

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Richard H

Nice Win @ Home

Post by Richard H »

Congratualtions Warren Potent ! Nice to see a win for the home town.
RobStubbs

Re: Nice Win @ Home

Post by RobStubbs »

Richard H wrote:Congratualtions Warren Potent ! Nice to see a win for the home town.
Indeed and an equal world record to boot !

Rob.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Bummer...
...he missed the WFR by 0.1

There were a lot of us holding our breath waiting for the shot value for the last shot.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Spencer wrote:Bummer...
...he missed the WFR by 0.1

There were a lot of us holding our breath waiting for the shot value for the last shot.
Oh right I didn't realise he was that close to that as well.

Rob.
ZD

ZD

Post by ZD »

Suppose the ISSF will now look for ways to reduce the ten ring or create some other disadvantage to lower scores. Such a move would be disaterous, since a smaller ten ring may not be possible to hit everytime between the barrel and ammunition. Seems to me that if you're good enough and can hit the ten ring once, you can hit it again and again and again. A damn good score too. Congratulations to Warren Pottent.
RobStubbs

Re: ZD

Post by RobStubbs »

ZD wrote:Suppose the ISSF will now look for ways to reduce the ten ring or create some other disadvantage to lower scores. Such a move would be disaterous, since a smaller ten ring may not be possible to hit everytime between the barrel and ammunition. Seems to me that if you're good enough and can hit the ten ring once, you can hit it again and again and again. A damn good score too. Congratulations to Warren Pottent.
Don't see why they should reduce the size of the bull, they haven't done so in air rifle and maximum scores have been acheived before. I do however suspect they are considering other options, which could in part be one of the reasons behind the discussions around the clothing regulations.

Rob.
David Levene

Re: ZD

Post by David Levene »

ZD wrote:Suppose the ISSF will now look for ways to reduce the ten ring or create some other disadvantage to lower scores.
Why? There have now been 20 600s shot in World Record qualifying 50m prone matches since 1989.

IMHO they don't need to do anything until they start getting 4-5 600s getting in to the same final.
GTFS

Post by GTFS »

I was watching on the computer from work and dont have much nails left. congratulations Warren.

David, I agree with you lets not change anything until we absolutly have to. But I think you will find Warren's 600 makes it only 19 600's since 1989 not 20. Happy to be corrected if I have missed one.

Glen Turner
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

GTFS wrote:David, I agree with you lets not change anything until we absolutly have to. But I think you will find Warren's 600 makes it only 19 600's since 1989 not 20. Happy to be corrected if I have missed one.
You are correct Glen.

I was counting Stevan Pletikosic's Junior Men World Record without noticing that they had also listed it in the men's records. My apologies.

Post by Guest »

For those of us not in the know, was he shooting a rifle match of some sort? Some more details please ...
Shooterer

Post by Shooterer »

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Anonymous wrote:For those of us not in the know, was he shooting a rifle match of some sort? Some more details please ...
Sydney World Cup, 50m Prone.
BPBrinson

Post by BPBrinson »

One for the "OLD" guys too....

Brooks
Eric U

Finals world record

Post by Eric U »

Actually Warren missed the FWR by 1.1 points. He is a co-holder of the Finals World Record, so it probably didn't bother him that much.

Eric